Follow up to this I’ve now been put on Sertaline 50mg for the foreseeable future. 4-6 weeks to take effect so will see how that goes and the fight goes on.

Was put on these by a certain doctor and had a few follow up appointments to see how it’s all going, was going to talk to him about an increase as I’ve been feeling myself slipping again, phoned up the GP today and got told that tomorrow is his last day at the surgery so can no longer see him so I’m going to have to go back to square one when I go in next week.

Not happy at all.

Are folk on medication supposed to have a review? I've been on Fluoxetine for 3 years now and have never met with a GP to discuss it. I just keep getting the same prescription.

I think I'm going to taper myself off of them soon. Can't be fucked with them anymore. Don't think they're doing anything anymore anyway.

25 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Was put on these by a certain doctor and had a few follow up appointments to see how it’s all going, was going to talk to him about an increase as I’ve been feeling myself slipping again, phoned up the GP today and got told that tomorrow is his last day at the surgery so can no longer see him so I’m going to have to go back to square one when I go in next week.

Not happy at all.

I always find its better to stay with the one doctor if possible, it’s probably a set back for you, but hopefully not back to square one. Your past info should be there for another doc to see, so hopefully not as bad a transition as you think 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are folk on medication supposed to have a review? I've been on Fluoxetine for 3 years now and have never met with a GP to discuss it. I just keep getting the same prescription.

I think I'm going to taper myself off of them soon. Can't be fucked with them anymore. Don't think they're doing anything anymore anyway.

You’d be surprised DA, get an appointment first and talk it through with your doctor. I felt the same way as you and just stopped, it was horrendous for three months mate

Just now, heedthebaa said:

I always find its better to stay with the one doctor if possible, it’s probably a set back for you, but hopefully not back to square one. Your past info should be there for another doc to see, so hopefully not as bad a transition as you think 

You’d be surprised DA, get an appointment first and talk it through with your doctor. I felt the same way as you and just stopped, it was horrendous for three months mate

Yeah I've heard you shouldn't just stop. I don't plan on doing it suddenly. Was going to taper off progressively.

I cut myself down on fluxoteine with not too many issues.

54 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

My practice either have a phone appointment and every second month if I’ve not been in they have me in to check in with me. I’ve an excellent practice.

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

My practice either have a phone appointment and every second month if I’ve not been in they have me in to check in with me. I’ve an excellent practice.

That’s brilliant.

Went to the docs today for an unrelated visit but when I was there decided to ask him about referring me to speak to someone. My anxiety is getting barely manageable nowadays and I just want to see what I can do before I have any sort of meltdown. I still cling to the hope that one day I'll be as anxiety/depression free as a person can be so here's hoping with a few years of good advice, good mental health practices and my tablets etc. all working together I'll be back to the old me.

My only fear is if I go to regular sessions and they are during office hours I'll have to tell my work about it to make sure they are ok with the time off. As im a contractor I'm worried that this might make my position untenable but we shall see. Might end up just paying for it myself so I can decide when and where but there's no real decent professionals local.

I think I'm going to ask to cut to a four day week at work. This five days a week is a load of nonsense and is going to kill me eventually.

While we're on the subject of antidepressants I ordered something called 5-htp and it arrived today. It's almost like a natural serotonin enhancer and it isn't full of chemicals like pharmacutical pills. The reviews were excellent so thought f**k it and got some as I clearly need to take something but didn't fancy the prescription ones.

Anyone ever tried these? And am I mad for planning to cut my hours at work? I've really tried to stick it out but just don't think I can anymore.

Anxiety is a worry for me. very bad just now. I can spend all day worrying about the most trivial thing. Its causing me a lack of sleep as well, which makes me irritable at work, which isn't great, as I have to deal with the public every day.

20 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I think I'm going to ask to cut to a four day week at work. This five days a week is a load of nonsense and is going to kill me eventually.

While we're on the subject of antidepressants I ordered something called 5-htp and it arrived today. It's almost like a natural serotonin enhancer and it isn't full of chemicals like pharmacutical pills. The reviews were excellent so thought f**k it and got some as I clearly need to take something but didn't fancy the prescription ones.

Anyone ever tried these? And am I mad for planning to cut my hours at work? I've really tried to stick it out but just don't think I can anymore.

We work far too much and it's a massive cause of anxiety and depression to our society. There is no reason to be doing 8 hours a day 5 days a week. It just tires people out and leaves them with little free time. Folk don't get a chance to relax and unwind. It's also just a waste of time as often people drag things out just so thay have something to do all week.

There have been studies done that show a reduced working week has a positive impact not just on mental health but also on productivity. Here's a few;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10316850/Reduce-working-week-to-30-hours-say-economists.html

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/nov/09/fewer-working-hours-doctors-eu-negotiations

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/the-six-hour-work-day-increases-productivity-so-will-britain-and-america-adopt-one-sweden-a7066961.html%3famp

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/14509568

There's plenty more a quick Google away. Sadly our society won't do anything about this any time soon. There's an ingrained mentality that we should all be working hard all the time and that to do otherwise is somehow lazy and indicative of a poor and unpalatable even untrustworthy character (personally I feel it's the opposite).

I hate sitting at my desk 5 days a week just wasting my life. It's boring and almost an insult to the gift of life. It gets me down a lot as well and it feels like I'm trapped. 

I'd love to drop my hours but I can't afford it. My wage is low enough as it is!

Edited by DA Baracus

We work far too much and it's a massive cause of anxiety and depression to our society. There is no reason to be doing 8 hours a day 5 days a week. It just tires people out and leaves them with little free time. Folk don't get a chance to relax and unwind. It's also just a waste of time as often people drag things out just so thay have something to do all week.
There have been studies done that show a reduced working week has a positive impact not just on mental health but also on productivity. Here's a few;
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10316850/Reduce-working-week-to-30-hours-say-economists.html
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2015/nov/09/fewer-working-hours-doctors-eu-negotiations
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/the-six-hour-work-day-increases-productivity-so-will-britain-and-america-adopt-one-sweden-a7066961.html%3famp
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/14509568
There's plenty more a quick Google away. Sadly our society won't do anything about this any time soon. There's an ingrained mentality that we should all be working hard all the time and that to do otherwise is somehow lazy and indicative of a poor and unpalatable even untrustworthy character (personally I feel it's the opposite).
I hate sitting at my desk 5 days a week just wasting my life. It's boring and almost an insult to the gift of life. It gets me down a lot as well and it feels like I'm trapped. 
I'd love to drop my hours but I can't afford it. My wage is low enough as it is!
When you have no work to do instead of being allowed to go home you're told to "look busy", to appease the arseholes in charge.

The amount of jobs advertised are designed to entice desperate, out-of-work people rather than employed people looking for a change. Companies are trying to pass off minimum wage as a "competitive salary". Competitive with who? The job centre?

Getting off topic but you get my point.

Just now, Jamaldo said:

When you have no work to do instead of being allowed to go home you're told to "look busy", to appease the arseholes in charge.

The amount of jobs advertised are designed to entice desperate, out-of-work people rather than employed people looking for a change. Companies are trying to pass off minimum wage as a "competitive salary". Competitive with who? The job centre?

I've never made myself "look busy" in my life, if they can't provide enough work f**k them.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

That’s brilliant.

I was in today as I’ve had a bad week and had to take diazepam most days for last week. Time and space to talk. 

When I was really ill, just out hospital one of the GP’s put an alert on my file and I got double appointments without asking. Some weeks it was twice a week. The other gp then ok my bank card and car keys off me just as she was calling to have me admitted. That particular gp and I have gone through a lot together. 

54 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Yup, competitive with the job centre.

52 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I've never made myself "look busy" in my life, if they can't provide enough work f**k them.

If I was to do that I'd be fired. I'd love to just get up and leave when I've done my work for the day but I'd be swiftly punted if dared.

No work after 2PM on a Friday as it’s totally pointless.

Everyone takes the piss in their own way at work and if there was more come and go it would be more productive in less time.

I envy tradesmen at times.

Forgive the location of this post, I need to vent and not sure where is better.

Basically since my mums death, my dad has spiraled into a worsening position back home. He had a small fall, ended up in hospital and before he could get home had a serious fall, broke his hip and is now at Cameron Hospital near Windy gates.

He's refusing rehab and and refusing point blank to make an effort to get better. I'm not surprised as he has always been a lazy fucking arsehole who took advantage of my mum for years. He's refusing to get on his feet at all.

I got an email yesterday from the head nurse saying that they're now done with trying to help and the overall decision has been taken that he'd moving to a home somewhere.

This means that I'll be left getting rid of all the stuff at his flat, which I would have had to do anyway at some point, but pulls me across at some time again soon.

I went across last weekend (originally just to see him) to try instill some life back into him but he's given up like a fucking shite bag and refusing to even talk about the situation with me.

I know I sound like a c**t and being selfish in the matter but he's had everything done for him as long as I can remember. If he goes to a home fine.

If it was my mum, I'd have done anything for her but although I love my dad and generally get on well, I hold this burning resentment for his laziness and how he pushed it all on my mum.

Sorry for the rant, especially here but I didn't feel anywhere else was better.

An update.
Had a small step back last weekend as, who knows why, went into a full blown panic attack for some reason. Never had one before but by f**k it was scary.
Ended up in hospital, pulse hovering between 150 and 190 bpm for about an hour and shaking like the worst jakey ever. Pumped full of Ativan, kept got 2 nights and all seems fine again now, thank feck.
But that was horrible

Forgive the location of this post, I need to vent and not sure where is better.

Basically since my mums death, my dad has spiraled into a worsening position back home. He had a small fall, ended up in hospital and before he could get home had a serious fall, broke his hip and is now at Cameron Hospital near Windy gates.

He's refusing rehab and and refusing point blank to make an effort to get better. I'm not surprised as he has always been a lazy fucking arsehole who took advantage of my mum for years. He's refusing to get on his feet at all.

I got an email yesterday from the head nurse saying that they're now done with trying to help and the overall decision has been taken that he'd moving to a home somewhere.

This means that I'll be left getting rid of all the stuff at his flat, which I would have had to do anyway at some point, but pulls me across at some time again soon.

I went across last weekend (originally just to see him) to try instill some life back into him but he's given up like a fucking shite bag and refusing to even talk about the situation with me.

I know I sound like a c**t and being selfish in the matter but he's had everything done for him as long as I can remember. If he goes to a home fine.

If it was my mum, I'd have done anything for her but although I love my dad and generally get on well, I hold this burning resentment for his laziness and how he pushed it all on my mum.

Sorry for the rant, especially here but I didn't feel anywhere else was better.

It’s good to get it out, even just re-reading what you’ve written can help.
Obviously, I don’t know the history and/or ages of parties involved, but is it possible your dad is suffering depression after the passing of your mum & needs assistance with his mental health as well as physically?
You’ll know the situation best, just a suggestion as to why he appears to be making no effort to get better.

It’s good to get it out, even just re-reading what you’ve written can help.
Obviously, I don’t know the history and/or ages of parties involved, but is it possible your dad is suffering depression after the passing of your mum & needs assistance with his mental health as well as physically?
You’ll know the situation best, just a suggestion as to why he appears to be making no effort to get better.
Aye maybe, he's been given anti depressants but frankly, he'd get more benefit just making an effort rather than even more medication.