Depression

I'm not referring to Richey. I'm referring to what you meant when you said "Why would you transfer all of that on a stranger by involving them in your suicide?".

How do you know he is rational just now anyway? He could be having a bout of Psychosis or Mania?

It's all about perspective.

Even if the person that's majorly depressed has these feelings, surely it's sensible to remind them of the possible consequences of their actions? Taking other peoples lives, or mentally scaring another person doesn't become okay, because you have issues.

I'm not referring to Richey. I'm referring to what you meant when you said "Why would you transfer all of that on a stranger by involving them in your suicide?".

How do you know he is rational just now anyway? He could be having a bout of Psychosis or Mania?

I already said I was only referring to him an his specific post.

I'm taking the perspective of a victim in Richeys imaginings.

I sympathise with your depression, but it doesn't give you carte blanche to be an utter p***k. Destroying the life of others isn't right because your depressed, you might have sympathy with murderers that are depressed, sorry but I don't. If that makes me a 'c**t' well I can deal with this. Do you also have anger issues?

What is it that gives you carte blanche to be an utter p***k?

People who feel suicidal aren't thinking right - that's pretty much what Richey was demonstrating - it seems to me that he was trying to tell people how he was thinking, so that people could understand the state he was in.

You and Wilson don't seem to understand depression - I hope neither of you ever suffer it.

Neither of you are helping anyone.

Edited by paranoid android

But he can just now and decided to post it. Why?

Could he be having them both SD ? :huh:

People who feel suicidal aren't thinking right - that's pretty much what Richey was demonstrating - it seems to me that he was trying to tell people how he was thinking, so that people could understand the state he was in.

You and Wilson don't seem to understand depression - I hope neither of you ever suffer it.

Staggering that folk like you exist. I regularly pm Sargeant Wilson as I've got depression and his Mrs used to suffer. I've never cam across anyone like you, uni or Ritchie.

Neither is he. I understand perfectly well.

I'm with Sarge on this one. Suicide is almost always a selfish act that will cause pain of varying degrees to everyone that knows you. To choose to jump in front of a train driver as a "preferred method" is selfish and uncaring beyond belief. Captain Lawrence Oates did it right. A walk into the winter hills with a bottle of whisky and insufficient clothing would suffice. At least the people who come to pick you up will be expecting it.

I'm with Sarge on this one. Suicide is almost always a selfish act that will cause pain of varying degrees to everyone that knows you. To choose to jump in front of a train driver as a "preferred method" is selfish and uncaring beyond belief. Captain Lawrence Oates did it right. A walk into the winter hills with a bottle of whisky and insufficient clothing would suffice. At least the people who come to pick you up will be expecting it.

Are we really debating acceptable and unacceptable methods of suicide now?

Like I said earlier, people who feel suicidal aren't thinking straight.

Then you don't fully understand.

I know someone who racked up mountains of debt, lost his wife and tried to commit suicide the other day. He left his children alone at home and tried to jump off a hill before the police stopped him.

Do you sympathise with him? or was he being selfish?

I know someone who racked up mountains of debt, lost his wife and tried to commit suicide the other day. He left his children alone at home and tried to jump off a hill before the police stopped him.

Do you sympathise with him? or was he being selfish?

He clearly wasn't thinking straight - it's possible that he believed his kids would be better off without him.

Terrible thing to happen.

Are we really debating acceptable and unacceptable methods of suicide now?

Like I said earlier, people who feel suicidal aren't thinking straight.

When people think that jumping in front of a train driver is better because they found hanging themselves uncomfortable, then yes, it has to be said.

When people think that jumping in front of a train driver is better because they found hanging themselves uncomfortable, then yes, it has to be said.

I'm sorry your post reeks of common sense. Expect uni or paranoid to call you a c**t or something similar. Idiots. Drunken Idiots.

I'm sorry your post reeks of common sense. Expect uni or paranoid to call you a c**t or something similar. Idiots. Drunken Idiots.

I'm not drunk - nor am I an idiot - I called you a p***k because you called me a p***k. I'm sorry that you've had problems with depression, and I hope you're better now, and that you never suffer it again.