Depression

What actually happens is they give you a general anesthetic to put you under then take turns punching you in the stomach.

But in all seriousness, sounds like you've caught it early enough and will get it sorted in no time. Hope it works out and I'm sure it will. Going by your posts, you've taken so much and had to go through so much and then you get this. It's monumentally unfair. f**k knows how you even still function. You must be an exceptionally strong guy. You have my total and utter respect, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here. You're a top guy.

I couldn't agree more with this.

Felt incredibly shit today at work, one of my colleagues noticed and starting asking me what was going on.

I really had no explanation for it, but there was a few times I felt like crying.

I feel that my workplace situation doesn't help, I feel like this too. I was treated badly in my last workplace and feel that certain aspects are happening again. Some people can just brush off being treated badly if they're not feeling down already but it hits me harder.

Our department has a turnover of 30-40% and four or five people have walked out they felt so bad about it. Despite this somehow we are being entered into a competition for the best in UK and have consultants come in and we are stage managed into telling them lies and cover ups.

There is no promotions, goals or real rewards, just certain people are suddenly golden boys to suit the agenda.

This has created a horrible situation of spying, arse kissing and scapegoats. It's incredibly toxic and really effecting my mental health.

If you don't come across as a happy clappy puppet you are singled out by the toadies and treated unfairly. I'm starting to think most workplaces are highly political and quite toxic nowadays. Simply working hard doesn't seem to be enough, it can actually make things worse, which sounds daft.

It's the same for everyone but because I'm quiet and already in a distressed state I sometimes point out the truth and look unhappy.

Sorry if I've gone a bit off topic but spending eight hours five days a week in this mentally demanding situation can be really tough.

However compared to raider nation it all seems a little petty and selfish. I hope you get well soon.

Not much of a poster on here but I would firstly like to commend the bravery it's taken, even on an anonymous forum to talk about your own situations. It really puts my problems into perspective, having said that, it still doesn't stop letting it get the better of me. Maybe a vent will help.

Over the last 2 years my girlfriend who is at uni and I have been saving up for a deposit. A year ago my car was written off and all my savings had to go on buyng another. (I can't take any credit and as Im up to my eyeballs in debt as it is which I'm paying off). Since I've bought my new car for 2 1/2 grand I've spent nearly the same on it keeping it on the road. Amongst other things it just seems any time I get a bit of money together it disappears almost immediately. I've now got a year and a half (when she graduates) to get 5 grand together, I've got about £200 so far. I earn a reasonable wage but I never seem to have any money.

I'm pretty self conscious about my appearance, I wouldn't say I'm an ugly guy but I've had a couple of molars removed in the last year or so (which ended up costing me loads with other treatment) and is obvious when I have wide grin, so I avoid laughing in most social situations. I tried to lose a bit of weight to help my appearance which was going well until I took a bad knock at football and hurt my ankle. Once I'd recovered from that I tore tendons in my knee which had me unable to exercise for ages so I've just fell out the habit of exercising now.

Work, which seems to be a common thing here, is another thing. I do like my job and I put my heart and soul into every job I do. When it all goes well, I never hear a thing but if something goes wrong, or is delayed I get left without a name and feel about an inch tall.

Everytine I try to do something I end up going one step forward and two back. I'm now at the stage where I think 'what is the point? In anything?'. I would speak to someone but I think I'd be laughed at if this is all I've got to worry about. My dad used to say when I was a kid I loved feeling sorry for myself and wallowing in my own self pity. Maybe he's right.

^ Sound like a very common situation you are in rather than suffering from depression. We've all been there though, especially with fucking cars!! I remember i had one that was falling apart and i needed the car to get to work but all the money i earned from working went on fixing the car!! Sounds more like you need to maybe take up a new hobby or try get more out of what you are doing rather than focus solely on money but thats just my take on your post!!

I hope you're right throbber. I think the crux of my post is that if its not going my way (and my brother said if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all) it just gets the better of me and I crumble and left with this pointless feeling. A hobby again would probably help to take my mind off these niggling issues.

Its hard to say as its only one post, your post was more of an FML than actual depression from my take of it. Money is always going to be a ball ache for everyone, i sometimes go through phases of worrying about money to the point it drives me insane then realising as long as you have enough to get by then its alright although i understand how frustrating it is when your saving up for something then have to splash out on a necessity like a car!

You could we'll be on the money mate. Maybe this is just rough patch where everything has culminated at once that I need to push through. I think my biggest problem is that I bottle up my feelings, I've never mentioned this to anyone before, certainly not in this depth.

Still worth seeking support, mate. Even a place to talk about your worries and to take advice on a range of things such as your money woes and your appearance. That said if you're self conscious about your appearance then just mind that your burd definitely thinks you're something.

I would just like to say, to no-one in particular, and to everyone in general...

Just because you think your problems may be "trivial" compared to others, or "don't matter in the great scheme of things" does NOT make them any less important.

YOU ARE ALL IMPORTANT! YOU ALL MATTER!

(Even if you can't see it for yourself, or in the mirror, you really do matter)

Not had a easy weekend the lassie I was seeing was out for a team night out drinking and the guy who liked her(and big reason I find myself in the situation I'm in) was there, I couldn't handle it and had to spend time with close friends as I didn't trust being alone, I didn't feel safe. I switched my phone off for 2 days and just focused on me. Phones back on now tho and I'm really stressed just having it on. I hate the situation I'm in now and I just wish I could erase her from my memory. She doesn't realize the pressure she placed on me and truthfully I don't think she cares.

Basically despite the fact I was going out with her this lad I know kept asking her out again and again, stressed her, stressed me as I have trust issues.

Not had a easy weekend the lassie I was seeing was out for a team night out drinking and the guy who liked her(and big reason I find myself in the situation I'm in) was there, I couldn't handle it and had to spend time with close friends as I didn't trust being alone, I didn't feel safe. I switched my phone off for 2 days and just focused on me. Phones back on now tho and I'm really stressed just having it on. I hate the situation I'm in now and I just wish I could erase her from my memory. She doesn't realize the pressure she placed on me and truthfully I don't think she cares.

Basically despite the fact I was going out with her this lad I know kept asking her out again and again, stressed her, stressed me as I have trust issues.

Seems like this guy needs a word. Are you two still a couple?

Well interview went well! I even opened up about my mental health illnesses. It definitely loosened me up and I was chatting away all day. Hopefully I hear from them soon. It's a 6 month temporary contract, with possibilities for becoming longer (maybe even permanant as they're on a massive recruitment drive).

Thankfully I've worked with these guys before so I'm not sure if I'd recommend everyone go doing that.

I can't believe how much I was dreading this interview though. Your brain is not your friend (strangely).

Just found out I was unsuccessful, and reading ^ just makes me feel utterly pathetic and useless.

I asked for feedback, but I'm not sure what more I could have done (done a placement with them before, former colleagues put in a good word, asked for advice to touch up cv/cover letter, suited up and arrived an hour early, brought in all the documents, had a relaxed interview and made them fully aware that I was ready to relocate and go asap).

Seeing the gf later tonight (who's a really hard-working, high achieving individual) but I just want to eat and greet tbh.