Depression

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

My Dad passed away yesterday morning. Don't know where to put this as it seemed PTTGOYN wasn't the right place.

I've been struggling with my mental health for a couple of years now, this is the latest thing to happen. 2017 has been a shite year.

I'm just glad he didn't go through the final months of suffering that usually happens with people with his kind of cancer. It was sudden and he didn't suffer.

Sorry to hear that. It's probably as good a place as any to post about loss and not just depression. Hopefully you've plenty of good memories about your dad. 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

My Dad passed away yesterday morning. Don't know where to put this as it seemed PTTGOYN wasn't the right place.

I've been struggling with my mental health for a couple of years now, this is the latest thing to happen. 2017 has been a shite year.

I'm just glad he didn't go through the final months of suffering that usually happens with people with his kind of cancer. It was sudden and he didn't suffer.

Concentrate on the positives of it all.

So sorry. I lost my dad in May to cancer. I am anti depressants from my doc. And I need to keep an eye on my drinking. It is tough. And with Christmas coming up it will be tougher. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. But it does get better. Take care and your P & B pals are here

Very sorry for your loss.

7 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm so sorry, Gaz. 

On 12/18/2017 at 19:49, Gaz said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Gaz. Happy to hear your Dad didn't suffer which is definitely something to take solace from.

Not a depression thing but I'm having some mental issues since being diagnosed with bile duct cancer back in September. I've had the tumour plus part of my stomach, intestine, gall bladder, bile ducts and pancreas removed and since started chemotherapy (tablet form) from home but find the early hours of the morning when alone with my thoughts difficult. Then there's days like today where my liver has been aching as well as feeling nausea constantly and you start wondering if you're going to make it!

Sorry, just wanted to sound off. I'm very positive the vast majority of the time.

Just now, sjc said:

Not a depression thing but I'm having some mental issues since being diagnosed with bile duct cancer back in September. I've had the tumour plus part of my stomach, intestine, gall bladder, bile ducts and pancreas removed and since started chemotherapy (tablet form) from home but find the early hours of the morning when alone with my thoughts difficult. Then there's days like today where my liver has been aching as well as feeling nausea constantly and you start wondering if you're going to make it!

Sorry, just wanted to sound off. I'm very positive the vast majority of the time.

If it's any consolation your posts always come over as chirpy and positive so even if you're feeling a bit shite there are plenty of folk happy to read whatever general pish you decide to post on here. You and the family must be keeping whole squadrons of doctors and nurses in gainful employment too - very considerate of you.  

Christ mate, even without the health troubles we all have our down days and sometimes need to get it out - no apology necessary. You’ll get there, might be a battle but you’ll get there. Hope your spirits pick up mate!

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

If it's any consolation your posts always come over as chirpy and positive so even if you're feeling a bit shite there are plenty of folk happy to read whatever general pish you decide to post on here. You and the family must be keeping whole squadrons of doctors and nurses in gainful employment too - very considerate of you.  

Tell me about it! Its been a tough year but thankfully both my daughter and I are out of hospital, although we're both back for blood test check ups in the next few days.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Christ mate, even without the health troubles we all have our down days and sometimes need to get it out - no apology necessary. You’ll get there, might be a battle but you’ll get there. Hope your spirits pick up mate!

Thanks mate.

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

Tell me about it! Its been a tough year but thankfully both my daughter and I are out of hospital, although we're both back for blood test check ups in the next few days.

Hope they go okay and it sounds like you're in good hands with the docs etc

29 minutes ago, sjc said:

Is there no one you can wake up for a chat in that situation?

Just now, ayrmad said:

Is there no one you can wake up for a chat in that situation?

I could wake up my wife but given she's spent the last year dealing with our daughters rare form of kidney cancer, I don't really want to saddle her even more emotionally. I have spoken to her about it, just not at 2am in the morning.

Just now, sjc said:

I could wake up my wife but given she's spent the last year dealing with our daughters rare form of kidney cancer, I don't really want to saddle her even more emotionally. I have spoken to her about it, just not at 2am in the morning.

Understandable, I was in the fortunate position of making myself available 24/7, even bought a door bell for her bedroom, on the occasions I slept through the doorbell my son who keeps weirder sleeping hours than myself was always there to take care of his mum.

On 18/12/2017 at 10:49, Gaz said:

Sorry to hear of your loss Gaz

10 hours ago, sjc said:

Keep the heed up bud, can’t even think what you’re going through, what with you and the bairn. A new year awaits, onwards and upwards hopefully for all the posters that have posted in this thread this year

10 hours ago, sjc said:

Sorry to hear you struggles man, if you need me to FedEx you a kebab from Topkapi via Keith then let me know.

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Sorry to hear you struggles man, if you need me to FedEx you a kebab from Topkapi via Keith then let me know.

Cheers mate. A lamb & chicken mixed kebab (everything on it) would be nice. Better get one for the wife too! ;)

57 minutes ago, sjc said:

Cheers mate. A lamb & chicken mixed kebab (everything on it) would be nice. Better get one for the wife too! ;)

For the record; I'm now CRAVING a kebab as a result of this conversation. Not much chance of getting a decent one here but FedEx do deliver to this neck of the woods if you wouldn't mind adding to the order.

Anyway, sorry to hear about everything you're going through sjc. Hopefully, this will all pass before too long and you can get back to enjoying life with the sproglet.