Depression

Yeah it's really not a good situation in Kyiv at the moment, doesn't look like it will improve anytime soon either sadly. I think L'viv will be okay for the most part during the summer; it can be reached relatively easy from Poland, Czech Republic with more flights direct from Italy and Germany. It's certainly a city that's on the up tourist wise.

I'll have a look, cheers.

I went to an English teaching school in a smallish city called Khmel'nytsky funnily enough. It was a good experience and interesting to meet the people there but I'm not sure that's something I would end up doing if I could help it. I was told it doesn't pay as well as what people think if you work for a company - much better if I started my own classes. Private tutoring would be okay I suppose, the biggest thing is that I'm a native speaker and of course being able to speak Ukrainian to an okay standard that's a bonus.

Let me know how you get on with the book.

That's awesome being able to speak Ukrainian, how did that come about?

Let me know how you get on with the book.

That's awesome being able to speak Ukrainian, how did that come about?

I'll order it on Wednesday when I have some cash again.

I learned a wee bit about the country at school for a project, found it interesting..couple years later I start to learn the cyrillic alphabet. I mostly use a site called Interpals to talk with native speakers, a couple of them I speak to regularly on Skype to keep me going. Apart from the odd online source, watching Ukrainian TV and listening to local radio stations on my phone, that's about it.

That was four years ago but don't get me wrong as much as I know enough to get by, I'm still a million miles away. There's no way I'll feel comfortable enough unless I was there speaking it every single day. I recently started to look into Russian which I assumed would be easier but I found it really difficult for some reason.

I suppose the cyrillic alphabet is the first big hurdle - being able to read it (more so the road signs etc) the first time I went there when I just turned 19 it was a godsend - something simple like "інформація" - informatsiya - information. Locals couldn't be more patient, especially when they seen I was making an effort.

I'll order it on Wednesday when I have some cash again.

I learned a wee bit about the country at school for a project, found it interesting..couple years later I start to learn the cyrillic alphabet. I mostly use a site called Interpals to talk with native speakers, a couple of them I speak to regularly on Skype to keep me going. Apart from the odd online source, watching Ukrainian TV and listening to local radio stations on my phone, that's about it.

That was four years ago but don't get me wrong as much as I know enough to get by, I'm still a million miles away. There's no way I'll feel comfortable enough unless I was there speaking it every single day. I recently started to look into Russian which I assumed would be easier but I found it really difficult for some reason.

I suppose the cyrillic alphabet is the first big hurdle - being able to read it (more so the road signs etc) the first time I went there when I just turned 19 it was a godsend - something simple like "інформація" - informatsiya - information. Locals couldn't be more patient, especially when they seen I was making an effort.

You should see that as a big positive. I admire you going to Ukraine and giving it a go. I wish when I was younger I'd went abroad to sample a different culture. I went to Kiev a few years back for a Scotland game and found it to be an interesting place.

Cause it's not like you could fully appreciate the misfortune at having to once again either having to increase a dosage of a rather not very pleasant combo of psychiatric drugs or add a new one into the combo all together. I'm going to be like this for life and you feel you have the right to call it out as melodrama? f**k you. Idiot.

Why were Stand Free's comments removed? They weren't exactly offensive.

Getting called an attention seeker when that's not really the case is rather offensive; especially when you take the nature of the matter into consideration.

In fairness, you posted the same thing twice and then completely overreacted to his comments.

Eh, I posted it again because they didn't understand the original post. I clarified it. It wasn't the same thing in each post.