Depression

Be very careful and do research when the doctor tries to prescribe you any kind of mind altering drug. They hand them out like sweets and some of the complications in the long term of them are frightening.

Got a few stories about that but that's neither her nor there.

Just don't gub any old shite they try and punt on you.

I have suffered from depression my whole adult life and I'll never take any kind of anti-depressant medication again.

Sometimes it's like to trying to hold smoke getting out of bed in the morning though man. Having a bad time at the moment.

Edited by JamboMikey

Going to the doctors after Christmas to speak to them about my health, my friends were texting me and believe I have been depressed since my redundancy and want me to get checked out. My weights not coming down either. I've cut all the shite out, but I find myself eating when I'm bored and no one is around to stop me. Working is the only thing that's keeping me occupied just now.

I have always felt a bit down, and never had a lot of confidence, the only time I do is when I'm around mates, most times though I sit there quietly and rarely speak.

Going to the doctors after Christmas to speak to them about my health, my friends were texting me and believe I have been depressed since my redundancy and want me to get checked out. My weights not coming down either. I've cut all the shite out, but I find myself eating when I'm bored and no one is around to stop me. Working is the only thing that's keeping me occupied just now.

I have always felt a bit down, and never had a lot of confidence, the only time I do is when I'm around mates, most times though I sit there quietly and rarely speak.

Almost the exact situation as me buddy

Had my works night out and felt like shit. I really dont know what's wrong with me just now. I'm feeling great one minute, shit the next. I had a blazing row with the wife when I got in resulting in me very nearly trashing the bedroom and breaking a few things. Finances are dire just now, which probably isn't helping.

Might be worthwhile taking a wee visit to the Doctor, Philpy. If you are feeling the pressure and getting frustrated easily then you want to nip it in the bud early.

Even if means getting it off your chest to a stranger it will relieve some of the tension you've built up and you'll feel better. Last thing you want is trashing your room then geting made to go to Ikea to buy more shite to make up on your day off.

Shite day. Went to my best mates Uncles funeral today, felt properly out of place the whole time, they were going to his favorite pub afterwards for what I assumed was drinks, it was a full on meal instead, didn't order anything, pretended to go to the bathroom and instead went home. I dunno, I just felt unwelcome and that I shouldn't be there, I think alot of the stuff that's been bothering me lately is that I've felt like a burden to my mate, rather than his mate. He's recently married and we went from spending every weekend hanging about to not hanging about at all. It's shite

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Just home after playing 5 a side in the fucking rain with some of my mates from Training.

The laddie i have had go at on this thread was playing with us too and my ex turned up. She practicality ignored me and was all over this laddie. I did feel a bit awkward watching them that i had to look the other way everytime they were all over each other. They weren't kissing or anything like that.

I still reckon they are going out but she had a go at me a few weeks ago for asking her if she cheated on me :lol:

Even my mate said after the game walking home in the pishing rain said it is noticeable they are going out. There's a spark there between them. My mate said when me and her were dating we were perfect for each other but as soon as she started speaking to this laddie when we were dating. She's was a bit funny with me :(

Fair enough i have moved on but i did feel a bit awkward today watching them

Gonna delete her number, delete her on facebook and she's getting unfollowed on twitter. :thumsup2

Edited by Eoin Doyle

Just home after playing 5 a side in the fucking rain with some of my mates from Training.

The laddie i have had go at on this thread was playing with us too and my ex turned up. She practicality ignored me and was all over this laddie. I did feel a bit awkward watching them that i had to look the other way everytime they were all over each other. They weren't kissing or anything like that.

I still reckon they are going out but she had a go at me a few weeks ago for asking her if she cheated on me :lol:

Even my mate said after the game walking home in the pishing rain said it is noticeable they are going out. There's a spark there between them. My mate said when me and her were dating we were perfect for each other but as soon as she started speaking to this laddie when we were dating. She's was a bit funny with me :(

Gonna delete her number, delete her on facebook and she's getting unfollowed on twitter. :thumsup2

Mate she is not worth it. f**k getting down about such a silly cow.

Be very careful and do research when the doctor tries to prescribe you any kind of mind altering drug. They hand them out like sweets and some of the complications in the long term of them are frightening.

Got a few stories about that but that's neither her nor there.

Just don't gub any old shite they try and punt on you.

I have suffered from depression my whole adult life and I'll never take any kind of anti-depressant medication again.

Sometimes it's like to trying to hold smoke getting out of bed in the morning though man. Having a bad time at the moment.

I respect your opinion, but I find this one counterproductive and bordering on scare-mongering.

The jury over what actually helps depression is still out, but everyone will react to drugs differently and a lot do get positive effects from them. When people are waiting months to see a mental health worker, and struggle to function on a daily basis -taking a pill may be a sound decision. GPs get a bad rap imo.

I agree people should definitely ask questions and consider every avenue available to them.

I hope things improve for you and wish you all the best. The guys on here are great if you need help.

Edited by JogaBonito

Gonna delete her number, delete her on facebook and she's getting unfollowed on twitter.

chuck her details on here mate.

:thumsup2

Agreed mate.

I'll get slaughtered for this because it's the depression thread but I have to say it and it is with the best of intentions ED.

You were seeing this burd for 2 months but you are reacting like it's the end of a 20 year marriage. Stop wallowing in it and get out and meet new folk. It can't be helping you.

I'll get slaughtered for this because it's the depression thread but I have to say it and it is with the best of intentions ED. You were seeing this burd for 2 months but you are reacting like it's the end of a 20 year marriage. Stop wallowing in it and get out and meet new folk. It can't be helping you.

:lol:

She was my first bird for nearly 3 and a half years mate.

Like i said i'm gonna get out there and meet new folk. 8)