Depression

12 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Believe it or not, I actually get to sleep easier because of @Hedgecutter - he made a post years ago about taking a deep slow breath in and every time you breathe count one down from 100. I do it if I'm having trouble and I never get past 80. Tagging him because he might be able to give more detail. Of course, I can also sleep easily because I don't live in Scotland so there's lesser chance of him popping up at the back window. 

55 minutes ago, Venti said:

Breathing exercises are a good shout Jamie.

Relax the shoulders & deep breaths. Clear the mind of all the stress.

That actually worked btw. Had a good sleep and feel better today. Thank you.

14 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Thanks for your responses.

Yeah it probably is just this time of year, plus I haven't been sleeping very well recently. That always has an effect on the mood.

I was out for a few hours there because it is my nephews birthday. It was good to get out for a bit for something like that.

I have decided I am going to try to change that tonight though, and try to get a better sleep.

I hope you're all okay.

I find it good to just get out of the house into the fresh air - even if all the fresh air you get is walking to and from the car! - just seems to lift the mood  bit.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I find it good to just get out of the house into the fresh air - even if all the fresh air you get is walking to and from the car! - just seems to lift the mood  bit.

Yeah, I found it good going out last night although the weather was horrendous.

Thought it would be worth a check in.

I'm doing okay. I've been off anti-depressants for a while now, and I'm back exercising a reasonable amount. Shifting a bit of weight as well.

I've been lucky in that I've gotten another job that is a lot closer to home. It's gonna save me a small fortune every month in petrol and about an hour and a half a day in commute time, so I'm looking forward to starting that.

Our oldest has recently been prescribed Melatonin and that has made a difference to her sleeping.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

It would not have been so bad if it wasn't for the wind.

I have a small car that gets blown about like a crisp packet when it's windy.

You seem a lot brighter than you were, anyway.

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Blue Monday tomorrow. Shitty time of year, shitty weather, shitty refereeing decisions.

Well worth just getting outside for a bit today and over the course of the week: get as much light on your skin as possible.

I was wondering last night when Blue Monday is.

It is a shite time of year. Thankfully I'm back at university next week so will be busy.

Can only reiterate most peoples thoughts recently, this time of year is so fucking shite it's unreal. Feels an ungrateful thing to say when nothing major is wrong. Just, f**k me man living in this country in winter is soul destroying. 

Waking up in darkness, working all day indoors during daylight and it's darkness before you even finish work. Really makes you wonder, why do we remain here. 

I can recommend taking vitamin d supplements. It won't fix everything but it does help a little with the lack of sun. 

Possibly worth investing in a special lamp (non magical) that emits something like sunlight I think? Can't remember exactly what it does but it helps too.