Depression

15 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Never really had much issues with mental health over my 35 years up until the last 4 months. Certain things have happened outwith my control and my actions during the fallout have made things worse, like ripping my happy family apart. As it stands I only get my 3 kids a couple of times a week, im out of the family home and turning to things that I shouldn't to numb the pain. 

I have no idea if im depressed or what, but I cant keep feeling like this much longer. I hardly sleep, I dont eat much, I barely speak to anyone nowadays except posting shite on here about dundee or my dog.

Things can only get better??

Nobody's an expert on this shitefest depression.

Plenty of folk on here to talk to.

Hitting the drink isn't helping. DM me if you want.

It's not depression I have, it's a death wish. Another 14gram this weekend and I'm lay in bed crying my fucking eyes out. I'm physically and mentally done with this shit. I don't have the fortitude to do it but I'm obviously trying my fucking hardest out with.

Guest Wieghortsnut
26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's not depression I have, it's a death wish. Another 14gram this weekend and I'm lay in bed crying my fucking eyes out. I'm physically and mentally done with this shit. I don't have the fortitude to do it but I'm obviously trying my fucking hardest out with.

Thats my issue bro, powder

59 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm no one to give advice, I've plenty of my own issues but you're a good guy. I'd go see a doctor or at least seek out sole sort of help or even just speak to a mate. It's a neverending cycle and you need to find a way out of it. I've been there (probably still partially am in fairness) but things will get better. Always here if you need a chat or anything 

I've text my gaffer and took a couple days off. Messages a few folk I love and cherish dearly but hardly see nowadays (life) and I am going to go and meet up with them for a coffee. I am still all over the place but the feeling of getting to see someone I truly love is keeping me on an even keel.

Thats my issue bro, powder

At least you guys admit that you have a problem - it's an important first step and you deserve credit for opening up about it, even if it's anonymously on this forum.

I don't know if your issues are because of the drugs or that they are just one of the symptoms. Either way, they clearly aren't helping. This thread is a safe haven - we are all supportive and some decent advice is given out on a regular basis. I don't have any personal experience with drug misuse unfortunately (or fortunately), but I've met enough addicts during the course of my career to know that there is plenty of help out there. And I don't just mean from the NHS - I mean from people who have been in your position, or are in your position who can help. Hopefully someone on here has a bit of experience with this kind of thing and can offer some words of wisdom or signpost you to somewhere helpful.

But please post if you are struggling, it helps to talk, even to strangers on the internet. I'm sorry you're going through a really hard time and I hope it gets better for you soon.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've text my gaffer and took a couple days off. Messages a few folk I love and cherish dearly but hardly see nowadays (life) and I am going to go and meet up with them for a coffee. I am still all over the place but the feeling of getting to see someone I truly love is keeping me on an even keel.

Dele lad, I am a fine one to talk given my issues with alcohol abuse, but you clearly know that the ching is not helping you and that you want to break the cycle. It's a hard step to seek help but you will do it, we are all numpties on here but stick with us for the light relief while the pro's do their thing and help you out.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

PM'd you mate.

Guest Wieghortsnut
2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

YWSR

Guest Wieghortsnut
2 hours ago, energyzone said:

At least you guys admit that you have a problem - it's an important first step and you deserve credit for opening up about it, even if it's anonymously on this forum.

I don't know if your issues are because of the drugs or that they are just one of the symptoms. Either way, they clearly aren't helping. This thread is a safe haven - we are all supportive and some decent advice is given out on a regular basis. I don't have any personal experience with drug misuse unfortunately (or fortunately), but I've met enough addicts during the course of my career to know that there is plenty of help out there. And I don't just mean from the NHS - I mean from people who have been in your position, or are in your position who can help. Hopefully someone on here has a bit of experience with this kind of thing and can offer some words of wisdom or signpost you to somewhere helpful.

But please post if you are struggling, it helps to talk, even to strangers on the internet. I'm sorry you're going through a really hard time and I hope it gets better for you soon.

I do it out if pure boredom and to escape the other problems I have with whats going on at home, only getting to see my kids 2 days a week is killing me. My issues are my own doing tbh

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

You're a decent bloke and a good poster.  Hope you get things sorted.

2 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

I do it out if pure boredom and to escape the other problems I have with whats going on at home, only getting to see my kids 2 days a week is killing me. My issues are my own doing tbh

Don't let your ex get wind of you doing lines. You could end up in a very messy custody)visitation by supervison only scenario.

I'm not long off of a half hour "assessment appointment" call. I'm being put on some drug for my alcohol misuse and been asked to ween myself off of cocaine. "Don't try and quit from 14grams a week, come down to 7 or 10 a week, then reduce it further".

Massive waste of time. I'll beat it myself.

Edited by Mr. Alli

I'm not long off of a half hour "assessment appointment" call. I'm being put on some drug for my alcohol misuse and been asked to ween myself off of cocaine. "Don't try and quit from 14grams a week, come down to 7 or 10 a week, then reduce it further".

What’s the drug for alcohol withdrawal?

Also I wouldn’t detach yourself from the process/system; give it a chance and some time, it won’t work overnight. Complete cold turkey very rarely works with a high tolerance amount and more often than not results in larger relapses. Did they give you a follow up appointment?

I know the advice of “just go down to a lower amount of this horrible drug” is on the surface quite blunt and almost unhelpful but it’s the only advice they can give over the phone without seeing you face to face. Do you know if it was a doctor/psychiatrist you spoke to?

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

What’s the drug for alcohol withdraw?

Nalcrazone (?) I think that's what she said.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Did they give you a follow up appointment?

I need to go to my GP and get bloods taken before being sent to Cardiology at Ninewells.

Naltrexone, it’ll be. Blocks euphoric effects of alcohol and some drugs, mostly opiates. You won’t be on it long term as it has interactions with stimulant substances but in the short term it’s a good choice.

That’s fair; like I said they will need to see you in person and get a proper breakdown and look at your body/bloods before recommending targeted treatment for the substance use.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Not used as much in the U.K. because it can make users very ill if they use that and end up drinking. Good deterrent but can cause complications.

There was someone who used to post on here took antabuse, it's the only reason I've heard of it. This was around 10 years ago so, as you say, probably not prescribed much these days.

Guest Wieghortsnut
10 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Im struggling to beat it, another hq tonight out of pure boredom. Biggest problem i have is I've got the money to buy it. If I was el skinto I wouldn't get it. 

Getting to stay over with the bairns and missus tomorrow night so I havent and won't finish what I got, ive got something to actually look forward to now