Depression

39 minutes ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Taking stock of things recently. Priority is finding a job, had interview last week. Fingers crossed. Graduated last year and job fell through, been trying to find something but having no experience is a bugger. I have even asked for work experience or shadowing just have a bit of experience. Feel like I can move on until I get job.

Dude, time is definitely on your side, big time.

In saying that, don't play fair in a rigged system. Exaggerate and bluster on your CV and in your application letters.

If you really want to work for free, charity shops are always a good bet. 

2 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

The man who is the biological reason I am here played no part in my life. My dad is the man who brought me up. Bought me my first suit, first pint etc. etc. I’m now a dad to two and he is their papa. He always will be. Biology does not make a difference. You’re at the park with your granddaughter. Same as my dad goes to the park with his granddaughter and grandson. You’re a mainstay of her life and such an important part of it. Don’t underestimate how much you mean, how much you influence, how much you influence and how much you matter.

Have to agree with this. I can tell you @Raidernation my kids Papa isn't "biological" but by Christ he is their papa. Probably their favourite person in the world tbh.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Dude, time is definitely on your side, big time.

In saying that, don't play fair in a rigged system. Exaggerate and bluster on your CV and in your application letters.

If you really want to work for free, charity shops are always a good bet. 

In my 30s so time is ticking. 

Kinda feel shit posting this here, but it doesn’t fit in any other thread. And I don’t really want to post it on social media.

This afternoon, one of the good Clyde lads was laid to rest. He only just turned 24 years of age in November. The hearse drove through Broadwood and Danny Lennon and a few players were also there to pay their respects, which was lovely, and there was a great turn out to see him off. Pyro, flags, just as they would have liked. Quite a few joggers, dog walkers and local residents were out as well. Fair play to them.

I’m back at work on the 15th when the schools go back. Haven’t worked since December 22nd. The amount of beer in drinking is ridiculous. I can’t wait to go back just so I can stop drinking - there’s literally f**k all else to do. I’ve been out on a few runs but that’s it. 

During this pandemic, two Clyde fans (23 and 24) have lost their life. It breaks my fucking heart. 

I've been doing really well lately but the other day my wife's cousin Leo was murdered (a really great guy) and it just knocked the stuffing right out of me.  I took today off work as I just could not focus on things, it's now noon and I should probably eat something or have a shower but I just can't bring myself to do it at the moment.  

Edited by senorsoupe

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Further on to this, I had an email from UCAS earlier. It informed me that I had an update regarding my application.

I logged in to check it, expecting to see something like "your application has not been successful this time".

NOT SO.

I. HAVE. AN. OFFER. TO GO TO UNI!!! 

I bellowed like a madcunt, the shirt was whipped off and I ran about the house.

Great news Richey, well done.

51 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Further on to this, I had an email from UCAS earlier. It informed me that I had an update regarding my application.

I logged in to check it, expecting to see something like "your application has not been successful this time".

NOT SO.

Excellent news! 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

NOT SO.

Some boy, congratulations.

• 2 weeks later...

I resigned today.

After ten weeks waiting I was basically shoved back on the roundabout of no one allowing me back. Occ health took that long produce a report confirming I had what was on my line and got my diagnosis date wrong by 9 years.

I loved the job but mom wage 15 hrs a week with no one letting me back has caused so much damage my mental health. 

We live in the dark ages.

41 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I resigned today.

After ten weeks waiting I was basically shoved back on the roundabout of no one allowing me back. Occ health took that long produce a report confirming I had what was on my line and got my diagnosis date wrong by 9 years.

I loved the job but mom wage 15 hrs a week with no one letting me back has caused so much damage my mental health. 

Maybe feel liberating? or maybe make you feel in control again?

Hope you are OK RH.

On 11/03/2021 at 17:58, Richey Edwards said:

NOT SO.

Delighted for you amigo. 

I resigned today.

Sorry to hear that, you’re better out of it if it’s causing you issues.

On 09/03/2021 at 17:01, senorsoupe said:

I've been doing really well lately but the other day my wife's cousin Leo was murdered (a really great guy) and it just knocked the stuffing right out of me.  I took today off work as I just could not focus on things, it's now noon and I should probably eat something or have a shower but I just can't bring myself to do it at the moment.  

Any bereavement would knock you sideways, never mind a murder, don't be too sore on yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I bit the bullet the other day and phoned the doctor. I'm now on Fluoxetine. Started taking it on Thursday. However I'm noticing a decrease in appetite - anyone else had anything similar?