Depression

On 24/03/2020 at 08:54, Dons_1988 said:

I'm stuck at home but I'll be running everyday and another bit of exercise in the house.

There's definitely been a voice in the head suggesting I hit the beer harder during this but I owe it to the Mrs if not myself not to.

But absolutely, this thread shouldn't be dropping to page 2 like it was this morning.

Is that not a good thing?

The wife asked 'Are you going to get fat and depressed again?' last night.
Charming, I thought.
The answer is an emphatic no though. I'm not going back there for anything. 
Hope everyone is keeping positive and well.
What your wife said however is awful.

We all got to support one another

Guest Moomintroll
What your wife said however is awful.

We all got to support one another
Yeah that isn't Jacksgranda's style, he has just made a comment that can be misconstrued. There are a few idiots on here right now that are spouting a continual stream of aggressive, condescensing shite & if they were to get punted it would massively enhance all our forum experiences, champ.

I should clarify a couple of things.

1) far be it from me to defend her too much, but my mrs said that in jest but from a place of concern. I can probably never repay the support she gave me through my darkest times. We joke regularly about the dark times but we know it’s always a risk.

2) jacks granda is a sound lad, and I wasn’t really taking him seriously.

I've gone back to intermittent fasting, as I know I won't be getting the exercise I should be; probably best to accept that. Also keeps me mindful not to just pick at shit because it's there, and most of my post 8pm calories would be booze; knocking that on the head for a bit might not be a bad idea. Not least because the beer shites aren't handy when bog roll's like unicorns' teeth. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Was on this thread a few years back with a few mental issues that looking back probably weren't as bad as what some people are going through right now. I am struggling, especially not being able to go into my parents house, went for their shopping yesterday and left it at the front door while talking to them through the window. I have been sleeping alot more as well, feels like I'm burying my head in the sand doing that but it makes me forget for at least a few hours. All the best to all of you.

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I've gone back to intermittent fasting, as I know I won't be getting the exercise I should be; probably best to accept that. Also keeps me mindful not to just pick at shit because it's there, and most of my post 8pm calories would be booze; knocking that on the head for a bit might not be a bad idea. Not least because the beer shites aren't handy when bog roll's like unicorns' teeth. 

Been inadvertently fasting as so manic and stressful with work just now. 12 or 14 solid hours of constant calls and emails with barely time to drink a coffee or mint tea never mind food.

5 hours ago, harkinsbaldpatch said:

Was on this thread a few years back with a few mental issues that looking back probably weren't as bad as what some people are going through right now. I am struggling, especially not being able to go into my parents house, went for their shopping yesterday and left it at the front door while talking to them through the window. I have been sleeping alot more as well, feels like I'm burying my head in the sand doing that but it makes me forget for at least a few hours. All the best to all of you.

You're problems aren't trivial even if you feel someone has it worse. That's a very common feeling though and one I, am probably most others on here, have felt before.

Have you thought about video calls with your parents? Might make a difference and might help. Also if you self isolate for a week and show no symptoms then, provided you drove there and didn't stop anywhere (shop for example) then you'd be safe to visit? Check that with the official advice though.

I know what you mean about the sleeping. Maybe if you made up some sort of schedule it could help? Are you working from home? Perhaps try things like scheduling a coffee/tea break at 10.00 and 15.00, and take it in the garden if you can. Make a list of things and tick them off at the end of the day so you can see that you've achieved them. Could be little things like read a chapter of a book, cleaned dishes, scheduled tea/coffee breaks etc. Have a look at the working from home thread; there's lots of good stuff there!

Your problems might not be as bad as others, but they’re your problems. Might seem selfish but there are problems in the world that won’t impact on your life so don’t use them as a comparison of possible.
If you’re fit and healthy, and they are, you’ll be able to visit? This might not be the case though, so sorry I’m advance. It certainly speeded up my decision to come home for the time being.
On a personal note, last night I think I had my first nights uninterrupted sleep in weeks. Quite unnerved by it in all honesty! Don’t know if I’m happy or worried!

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Been inadvertently fasting as so manic and stressful with work just now. 12 or 14 solid hours of constant calls and emails with barely time to drink a coffee or mint tea never mind food.

TBH, it's not a bad time to have a constant distraction; the devil will make work for idle brains and all. 

I’ve had depression on and off since I was about 16. It’s been especially bad the last 7 months. I had a long term relationship break down in a horrible way. My Dad had a short illness and died unexpectedly in Feb. I now have no work because of the coronavirus shut down and I’m anxious about my Mum getting it. I’m not on any antidepressants as the ones I tried years ago just didn’t agree with me at all. Every day is a struggle. I often hope I go to sleep and never wake up. The current mood of the world certainly isn’t helping me any. Just wish I could see light at the end of the tunnel 

Guest JTS98
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve had depression on and off since I was about 16. It’s been especially bad the last 7 months. I had a long term relationship break down in a horrible way. My Dad had a short illness and died unexpectedly in Feb. I now have no work because of the coronavirus shut down and I’m anxious about my Mum getting it. I’m not on any antidepressants as the ones I tried years ago just didn’t agree with me at all. Every day is a struggle. I often hope I go to sleep and never wake up. The current mood of the world certainly isn’t helping me any. Just wish I could see light at the end of the tunnel 

Don't feel bad about feeling bad about how things are just now. I think most of us are in a state about it, whether we realise it or not.

Are you keeping busy during the days just now? A bit of exercise at home? Some reading to avoid sitting worrying?

I think we all need to keep the head busy just now.