Depression

Had a minor meltdown on Sunday, which was very out of the blue. I'd had a really fun dinner out with family for my Mum's birthday but just fell to pieces for hours back at the flat. Have no idea what set it off but any little thing was setting me off, including running out of episodes of a TV show I like and seeing a couple of old pics on FB.

I often have fairly quick swings of mood but rarely that fast and rarely that low.

Hello again. My news this week is that I found out I'm being fired from the job I've only been doing for 4 months. No real surprise - my work performance has been atrocious and I'd been clued in it was coming. Curiously, now that's it's finally happened I'm not really all that bothered. Being 57 years old with no income and a wife on disability in Trump's America is a pretty bleak outlook but for the moment, I'm just feeling relieved that this major source of stress is going away.

I suspect the new medication has a lot to do with it but considering that only 3 weeks ago, I was a crumpled dysfunctional wreck, I'll take it.

Onwards and upwards.

Stumbled across this thread after a shit stressful nightshift.
After reading a bit it's really actually cheered me up and helped me put things into perspective.
It's good to know that there's so many people looking after and helping each other.

It’s a sair fecht

3 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Stumbled across this thread after a shit stressful nightshift.

After reading a bit it's really actually cheered me up and helped me put things into perspective.

It's good to know that there's so many people looking after and helping each other.

Yes, I'm something of a voyeur on this thread.

It can make for rather an upsetting read at times, but it can also be uplifting in terms of how people treat each other.  A welcome antidote to the recent bullying threads on the same forum.

It can make for rather an upsetting read at times, but it can also be uplifting in terms of how people treat each other.  A welcome antidote to the recent bullying threads on the same forum.

Likewise. Don’t post much on here but often find it helpful to read.

^^^ boring

I think this is the first time I've ventured onto this thread. I won't go into all the details, but I have anxiety and feel not a lot works for me. 

But recently discovered two podcasts: Where is my mind, from Niall Breslin and Owning It from Caroline Foran. Which brought me me back from near panic attack. I found particularly the experiences and views of Niall Breslin quite similar to mine. His voice is also, for some reason, a very compelling and easy listen. It's different to your usual bullshit soothing tone which serves more to irritate me than help, maybe that's just me. 

Anyway, getting me through a bit of dark patch. Fear and anxiety is absolute fucking hell on earth. I thought f**k it, might as well share this, if it helps anyone at all, then great. I found them both on Spotify, but I'm sure there on other Podcast apps.

On 05/01/2020 at 11:56, The Gypsy King said:

I  feel a lot better now. 

In my profession, males with experience (oh err missus!) are highly sought after as there is still a push within healthcare to challenge the idea that it's a feminine profession. So I should find something else no problem, and have applied for many vacancies.

Fortunately I have enough "spare" money for finding new work to not be a matter of extreme urgency, and to have the luxury of being able to afford to be "fussy" and only apply for jobs that I would actually want. Even if it's only a short-term thing to keep money coming in.

So yes, I'm not going to starve to death or end up on the street even if I haven't found a new job by the end of my current notice period.

A wee update.

I left my job on Sunday, said goodbye to my colleagues and the people I supported and recieved some very nice cards and presents from my colleagues.

I was unemployed for less than a day before I was hired for a very good job with a reputable company. On paper, it's an even better job than the one I just left.

So yes, I've landed on my feet and am very happy with how things have turned out.

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

A wee update.

I left my job on Sunday, said goodbye to my colleagues and the people I supported and recieved some very nice cards and presents from my colleagues.

I was unemployed for less than a day before I was hired for a very good job with a reputable company. On paper, it's an even better job than the one I just left.

So yes, I've landed on my feet and am very happy with how things have turned out.

Good news and good luck in the new job.

You know something, having been fired from my job for taking my second sick day in 9 months, I feel somewhat liberated. I’m on a high not a downer.

It seems mad to say it but it’s how I feel. I think probably because it gives me a couple of weeks to get ahead of everything for uni etc. But still, I actually feel great. After the cursing my former boss for a few hours straight haha.

Well, I was glad to see the back of 2019, but holy f**k this year has been bloody awful so far.

Friday was my last day of employment after being fired only 4 months into the job. A bit like[mention=78512]FalkirkBairn93[/mention] above though, I was really just feeling relief at that miserable period of my life finally being over.

But then yesterday, the younger of our 2 dogs died. She’d been sick for a few days, having a hard time breathing and off her food. The vet was treating her for bronchitis and while she seemed to have improved a bit Friday night, on Saturday morning she took a turn for the worse.

The vet recommended we take her down to the Emergency clinic in the city as they had more specialized equipment and could care for her over the weekend.

They put her on oxygen straight away but after about an hour, the doc came out to tell us she wasn’t responding and basically her brain had shut down. Euthanasia was the only real option at that point but by the time we made it through to the back room, she’d already gone. The bronchitis had turned into pneumonia and there was just too much fluid in her lungs.

We’d been mentally preparing for losing our older dog but this came right out of nowhere. We didn’t even give her a proper hug before they took her back.

So now it’s after 1am and I’m stuck on the couch almost too afraid to go to sleep. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

Although I suppose if my truck won’t start tomorrow, I could write a Country song. (Feeble smile)

God, I’m going to miss her.

PC120351.thumb.jpg.2cef5377f27f5ad8c229f80cf45031a9.jpg

That’s natural mate, your pet becomes such a big part of your family that when they sadly are no longer with us it that it leaves a big hole in our hearts.

I hope you are all ok, as it’s not an easy thing.

I think this is the first time I've ventured onto this thread. I won't go into all the details, but I have anxiety and feel not a lot works for me. 
But recently discovered two podcasts: Where is my mind, from Niall Breslin and Owning It from Caroline Foran. Which brought me me back from near panic attack. I found particularly the experiences and views of Niall Breslin quite similar to mine. His voice is also, for some reason, a very compelling and easy listen. It's different to your usual bullshit soothing tone which serves more to irritate me than help, maybe that's just me. 
Anyway, getting me through a bit of dark patch. Fear and anxiety is absolute fucking hell on earth. I thought f**k it, might as well share this, if it helps anyone at all, then great. I found them both on Spotify, but I'm sure there on other Podcast apps.
Outstanding post. I think anxiety is one of the most misunderstood and underestimated conditions.