Depression

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't waffle, one cv I read this guy was saying about his local cricket team he plays for, get that shit in the bin.

Whilst I would usually agree I think I've told this story before that a guy once got down to the final few in a selection process dues to having 'professional sheep sheerer' on his CV. No experience in our field (lol) but was asked what it was like. "No idea, I only put that on the CV so people remember me". 

Didn't get the job but still, he bombed some other poor bugger out a chance. 

19 minutes ago, Dele said:

Whilst I would usually agree I think I've told this story before that a guy once got down to the final few in a selection process dues to having 'professional sheep sheerer' on his CV. No experience in our field (lol) but was asked what it was like. "No idea, I only put that on the CV so people remember me". 

:lol: It's an unorthodox approach I'll give you that.

It wasn't a job in Aberdeen, was it?

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Reminds me of my cocky wee cousin being asked in a job interview what his weakness was and his reply was, "Kryptonite". Got the job as well. 

I'm currently proactive in looking for a new and suitable job that suits my age, experience and within my area.  A friend suggested i contact https://www.startscotland.scot/fair-start-scotland  as they're Government sponsored and will help to match you up locally with the correct employer.  I've so far had 2 recent meetings where they build up their picture of what i'm looking for and what would be best suited.  I have a follow up appointment at the end of the month to check progress.

For anyone looking for a new job, or looking to get back into the workplace, i can recommend them.  They help with CVs (which is why i'm posting this) as well as using their contacts to match you up, irrespective of any disabilities, impairments or long term illnesses.

I have managed to arrange my own applications and interviews, but they're there if i need them.

Worth a message to start the ball rolling.

Day one I’ve. It was very hard. I was frequently with people so couldn’t come on here and vent or even relax a bit. I was sometimes in my office alone and kept getting tearful. I am not sure if this job was what I was expecting and am not sure I’ll like it. 

I am staying at my parents and they are overworriers and don’t give me much space, though they are lovely and kind. I can’t cry or look sad as they’ll worry and I feel like I am constantly putting a brave face when I just want to cry my eyes out - but people will see I am crying. 

i am in a place where I would love to die but I don’t want to kill my self. Sounds fucked up I know. I just want everything to be where it was this time last year.

19 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Day one I’ve. It was very hard. I was frequently with people so couldn’t come on here and vent or even relax a bit. I was sometimes in my office alone and kept getting tearful. I am not sure if this job was what I was expecting and am not sure I’ll like it. 

I am staying at my parents and they are overworriers and don’t give me much space, though they are lovely and kind. I can’t cry or look sad as they’ll worry and I feel like I am constantly putting a brave face when I just want to cry my eyes out - but people will see I am crying. 

i am in a place where I would love to die but I don’t want to kill my self. Sounds fucked up I know. I just want everything to be where it was this time last year.

Firstly, well done for getting through day 1.  Any new experience can be daunting, but even more so when you're not in your usual frame of mind.  Not sure about your age (and not asking), but moving back in with your parents brings its own pressures, but, again, well done for recognising their place and part in the set up.  Things will pick up for you Mo once you get a few days at work behind you and your mind will progressively clear for the other aspects in your life.  Stick with it girl.

If you want to pm me for a blether or to unload, i'll be happy to offer whatever positives i can.  Otherwise, you'll continue to get sound and positive advice and encouragement here on P & B  x

Day 1 done and dusted! You’ll never have to do your first day (there, in that job) again.
I struggled with going from everything to nothing when I went through the break up of a long term relationship, but if I can get through it so can you. Won’t be fun, won’t be easy but you’ll get there.
Once you’re feet are under your desk at work, that’ll prove a distraction and keep you busy. I’m not saying throw yourself in to work and become some career driven maniac but it can be a good way to keep your mind occupied.
Keep in touch with any close friends / family you have and don’t be afraid to open up to your parents. They’ll probably worry more with the brave face thinking that you’re keeping it all from them. I don’t know the relationship you have but I’d like to think they aren’t going to judge you if you have a cry and just want a hug. Hang in there mate, you’ll get through this.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Day 1 done and dusted! You’ll never have to do your first day (there, in that job) again.
I struggled with going from everything to nothing when I went through the break up of a long term relationship, but if I can get through it so can you. Won’t be fun, won’t be easy but you’ll get there.
Once you’re feet are under your desk at work, that’ll prove a distraction and keep you busy. I’m not saying throw yourself in to work and become some career driven maniac but it can be a good way to keep your mind occupied.
Keep in touch with any close friends / family you have and don’t be afraid to open up to your parents. They’ll probably worry more with the brave face thinking that you’re keeping it all from them. I don’t know the relationship you have but I’d like to think they aren’t going to judge you if you have a cry and just want a hug. Hang in there mate, you’ll get through this.

Very sound advice, Mo, from NJ2

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Hang in there mo. You're in a shite place right now but you'll come out the other end (probably a bit like hearts actually...)

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Don’t mention Hearts ffs!

This made me laugh tbf 😂

thanks for the advice folks, just a struggle right now. I’m sure I’ll get there. 

This made me laugh tbf [emoji23]
thanks for the advice folks, just a struggle right now. I’m sure I’ll get there. 

Mo, there’s something to be said about your folks being very protective & possibly (at the moment) overpowering. They are there for you & although not always welcome, obviously really care for you.
That’s you first day in, huge step! Crying isn’t a bad thing as has been mentioned, it’s a natural release, so don’t worry about it.
Plenty of people on here (me included) will be happy to get a DM from you if you want to vent in a less public way (although we are all strangers).
Just don’t DM me about Hearts woes, not sure anyone can assist there!
Take it one day at a time & look at the below link.
Cheesy as f**k - I know, but it helped one of my friends get through a tough break up....