Depression

6 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Fair enough. Was the lack of shared interests the main reason for the divorce in the first place?

No. Not really stuff I’d post in public forum tbh. 

9 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Whilst my mental health has been up and down, my physical health has felt like I’ve had a constant cold now for about a month and a half.

It may be a side effect if you are on medication or low white blood cells with your immune system running low also. i'm no doctor, but this can come on from mental stress.  Everyone knows you should eat healthy, but here is a list.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/best-foods-boost-immune-system-4020423

Fuckin dreading tonight. First new year without my dad. I know it’s worse for my mum but just sitting here breaking my heart.
Know how you feel, I was in the same place at Xmas/New Year last year. The birthdays, anniversaries and the festive season are definitely the worst for giving you a swift boot in the balls to remind you that you are missing someone. This year has been a bit easier.

On 31/12/2019 at 16:07, The Gypsy King said:

I resigned from my job yesterday.

Although it has become a horrible place to work  and was impacting my mental health - due to a moratorium being enforced, and the manager coming in on Christmas Eve to threaten us all with redundancies - I have an anxiety about where I am going to go next.

I don't have anything lined up but since applying for some jobs since yesterday, I already have some interviews. I have this sense of dread that maybe where I end up won't be any better than the job I am about to leave.

I am starting a university course in a few months and despite being euphoric at first as it will enable me to do what I have always wanted to do, I have became apathetic about it which is not a good sign for me.

Maybe the anxiety about stepping off the edge into the unknown is natural, and it will turn out OK in the end. Who knows?

I  feel a lot better now. 

In my profession, males with experience (oh err missus!) are highly sought after as there is still a push within healthcare to challenge the idea that it's a feminine profession. So I should find something else no problem, and have applied for many vacancies.

Fortunately I have enough "spare" money for finding new work to not be a matter of extreme urgency, and to have the luxury of being able to afford to be "fussy" and only apply for jobs that I would actually want. Even if it's only a short-term thing to keep money coming in.

So yes, I'm not going to starve to death or end up on the street even if I haven't found a new job by the end of my current notice period.

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

I  feel a lot better now. 

In my profession, males with experience (oh err missus!) are highly sought after as there is still a push within healthcare to challenge the idea that it's a feminine profession. So I should find something else no problem, and have applied for many vacancies.

Fortunately I have enough "spare" money for finding new work to not be a matter of extreme urgency, and to have the luxury of being able to afford to be "fussy" and only apply for jobs that I would actually want. Even if it's only a short-term thing to keep money coming in.

So yes, I'm not going to starve to death or end up on the street even if I haven't found a new job by the end of my current notice period.

Good on you for getting yourself in that position financially, too many people are stuck in jobs that make them miserable but can't afford to leave which leaves them at their employers mercy.

I'll post this in here as seriously not got a clue what to do.

Taking care of my newborn Skye for the hear, which has been very special, but my mind is running crazy most of the time.  I started to look for a new job, very  very difficult here as lots of red tape to employ  a western....never mind.

I went for an open interview, which I got down to the last 3. Now they asked for a resume . We do things back to front here.

I've never had a resume for over 20 years. If ever

Sure  I can look online.  Good tips welcome 

Taking care of my newborn Skye for the hear, which has been very special, but my mind is running crazy most of the time.  I started to look for a new job, very  very difficult here as lots of red tape to employ  a western....never mind.
I went for an open interview, which I got down to the last 3. Now they asked for a resume . We do things back to front here.
S1jobs has a thing where you enter all your info in and it makes one for you.
Looks not too bad. You can edit it later.

Really struggling. I start my new job this morning and I am finding it hard to stop crying and am worried I’ll go in looking upset.

I am so used to chatting with Craig over text during the day that I really miss not speaking to him. Despite what he has done we had been very close.

I am also finding it hard that people I know are like “New job, new home it’s very exciting/great opportunity” etc. I know they mean well,  but I liked my old life very much and didn’t want it to go. It just comes across as though his cheating was somehow him doing me a favour.

I am so tired because I can’t sleep either.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

The main things are to make the CV relevant to the role. You should have the history there but think about what you will be doing in the job, then write the details with that in mind I.e if it’s admin then emphasise the admin stuff you do and relevant systems you use.

Keep it quite short and make each bit quite succinct. That will make it better as people don’t want to wade through text for relevant info.

Let me know if you need any help, happy to look over it for another opinion if you like.

Really struggling. I start my new job this morning and I am finding it hard to stop crying and am worried I’ll go in looking upset.
I am so used to chatting with Craig over text during the day that I really miss not speaking to him. Despite what he has done we had been very close.
I am also finding it hard that people I know are like “New job, new home it’s very exciting/great opportunity” etc. I know they mean well,  but I liked my old life very much and didn’t want it to go. It just comes across as though his cheating was somehow him doing me a favour.

Why don’t you post updates on your first day on here instead of texting?
I’m sure some good soul will reply.
Good luck, I’m sure everything will go well for you.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Why don’t you post updates on your first day on here instead of texting?
I’m sure some good soul will reply.
Good luck, I’m sure everything will go well for you.

Thank you. That’s a good idea, I will do that. 

12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

All perfectly normal feelings. Remember crying is a healthy thing to do.

This is going to be a difficult period no matter what so just break things down as much as you can. One task at a time, one step at a time. Don't let the concept of new job and huge change in the personal life at the same time overwhelm you. 

Work wise you will be fine, you earned this job and you will see in time that there's nothing to worry about.

And from what I've read here you've handled your personal life with a lot of strength and dignity, so it's just a case of keeping doing what you're doing. Things will get better!

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Keep it brief and relevant.

I recently had to read through 15 or so CV's for a job. I quickly realised I can't read every one word for word. 

- Name, contact details etc

- Brief background of yourself

- Qualifications

- Career history

- Experience of any relevant systems etc if applicable

- Anything else relevant

Don't waffle, one cv I read this guy was saying about his local cricket team he plays for, get that shit in the bin.

As has been said, keep it really brief apart from your most recent and relevant jobs. For instance I just put Oil industry year x to y if the new job has no connection to it.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Keep it brief and relevant.

I recently had to read through 15 or so CV's for a job. I quickly realised I can't read every one word for word. 

- Name, contact details etc

- Brief background of yourself

- Qualifications

- Career history

- Experience of any relevant systems etc if applicable

- Anything else relevant

Don't waffle, one cv I read this guy was saying about his local cricket team he plays for, get that shit in the bin.

Ill go with this Don

I used to be the opening bowler for Birmingham Heartlands Hospital '95, first game 4/8 surely they need this. If not can I hit them with I saved a penalty against Elvis at U'15