Depression

Thanks for the supportive comments and the pms from a few really nice people.
Have decided to give it until then end of January to see if theres any possibility of a promotion at work otherwise I'm going to then focus on a three month period of applying for other jobs.
Got the works do coming up and half the department are dreading it or taking days off to miss it due to infighting.
It's sad because I used to look forward to them a few years back.
Manager has totally fucked the place.

Thanks for the supportive comments and the pms from a few really nice people.
Have decided to give it until then end of January to see if theres any possibility of a promotion at work otherwise I'm going to then focus on a three month period of applying for other jobs.
Got the works do coming up and half the department are dreading it or taking days off to miss it due to infighting.
It's sad because I used to look forward to them a few years back.
Manager has totally fucked the place.

I hope it works out for you mate. There is nothing worse than going into a place you’re not enjoying working.

Is there any potential promotions coming up?

I hope it works out for you mate. There is nothing worse than going into a place you’re not enjoying working.

Is there any potential promotions coming up?
Yes, but it's a bit up in the air.
Twice I've applied for different roles and have genuinely been lied to about the reasoning for it.
The last time it wasnt even done through hr and a small group of friends got the roles.
Now that the person running the show is leaving it should all change. I've been approached by about ten people asking or telling me to go for it.
It is possible that they might finally do the right thing and theres really only me and one other who deserve it. They are scunnered from the last time so they aren't applying.
If it does happen I'm using it to network, develop and learn to move into another role somewhere else anyway but it's a start and back on the right road.
I cant be back stabbed or brought down because people would rely on me so that side of things would change.
On the flip side if the role was given to another golden child friend then it would create absolute chaos because it's too technical to blag

Know what’s not helping, is having one member of this forum (Marshmallo) traipsing through all my posts and marking them down. He’s the only one doing it.

I spend every day looking over my should only worry that someone is following and watching, here I come to discuss football and have a bit of banter and what’s happening is literally what I worry about every single day.

Guest Moomintroll
Know what’s not helping, is having one member of this forum (Marshmallo) traipsing through all my posts and marking them down. He’s the only one doing it.

I spend every day looking over my should only worry that someone is following and watching, here I come to discuss football and have a bit of banter and what’s happening is literally what I worry about every single day.

Just ignore it, he seems to have been on a Rab B inspired meltdown for some time now. There are bigger things to concern yourself about than some dots on a Football Forum so don't let it bother you.

Just ignore it, he seems to have been on a Rab B inspired meltdown for some time now. There are bigger things to concern yourself about than some dots on a Football Forum so don't let it bother you.

It’s not the dots that bother me, it’s the following everything I’m doing. The dots are what I have to know he’s actually trawling through what I’m posting etc

Yeah I agree the gym is outstanding for that. Especially that attempt to push your self more and more. That allows you the chance to totally distract yourself from all that’s going on default_smile.png what sort of stuff do you do at the gym?

Sorry, just seen this now.
Aye it really does, for me anyway. I spent about a year doing rehab on my knee which was soul destroying but it doesn’t bother me day-to-day now and decided I just won’t play football anymore so back to try to get half decent on the weights. Mostly stick to the machines, free weights tend to be taken up by big fella’s smashing them about but I’ll grab them if I can. Try to keep it varied doing shoulders one day, chest the next, arms, legs. It gets me out work for an hour at lunch and if I go after work I’ll spend 15/20 on the bike then 10/15 on the cross trainer. If I sorted my diet and drinking I could probably be in no bad shape (or better anyway) but life’s too short and I’m not really unhappy with how I am just now.

52 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

It’s not the dots that bother me, it’s the following everything I’m doing. The dots are what I have to know he’s actually trawling through what I’m posting etc

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it. He seems to pick people now and again and focuses on them. He probably isn’t even reading your posts just searching your name and using his quota up. 

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it. He seems to pick people now and again and focuses on them. He probably isn’t even reading your posts just searching your name and using his quota up. 

He’s also a complete grade A c**t so just best ignored. I can’t imagine how pathetic a life you must have to go around dotting folk on a football forum.

19 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

I literally don't know why he's doing it but considering what you've posted on here it might be worth firing him a PM as per the post in this thread? He may not be aware of it and if it's causing you (understandable) anxiety then once he's aware it might stop.

@Marshmallo?

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Shat on big time at work today (figuratively obvs).
No a happy bunny

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

What happened mate?

One of the big fat women ate all the sandwiches again?

This may a sound a bit yer da, but I didn’t know where else to turn with this. I have a mate who, if i told all this to, would tell his missus, who in turn would tell mine. The kids are 10 and 12 and i an finding them quite stressful. Feel like i am not doing much right with them, feel like i am constantly at loggerheads with them about tidying after themselves. And then when it’s starting to get to me, mrs b just says that i am crabbit and need to lighten up. I do want to be an easy going person and i used to be. Don’t know what has happened, i seen a Facebook memory thing from a few years ago, basically saying stuff along the lines of that i had enough of being stressed and annoyed with other people. So this isn’t a new thing, but i seem to hit this time of year where things just overwhelm me. I’m not at a stage where i think i need antidepressants or stuff like that. I have always had this attitude of the good things are usually balanced out by the bad and recent years for all the good stuff we have had, there has just been shite stuff happen at the back of it and I don’t know if the shite stuff seems to be amplified in my head, but it seems like it outweighs the good. It’s go seem daft, and be honest if it does, but when we are bickering over silly things, I actually notice other couples around me that seem to be so happy. When things are good with us, it is really good but at times, i let the silly wee arguments linger in my head.
I don’t even know where i am going with this, but i needed to vent.
The thing is, in my head and even written down i know what the problems are, i just don’t seem to have the solutions.

Apologies if none of this makes sense.

18 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

This may a sound a bit yer da, but I didn’t know where else to turn with this. I have a mate who, if i told all this to, would tell his missus, who in turn would tell mine. The kids are 10 and 12 and i an finding them quite stressful. Feel like i am not doing much right with them, feel like i am constantly at loggerheads with them about tidying after themselves. And then when it’s starting to get to me, mrs b just says that i am crabbit and need to lighten up. I do want to be an easy going person and i used to be. Don’t know what has happened, i seen a Facebook memory thing from a few years ago, basically saying stuff along the lines of that i had enough of being stressed and annoyed with other people. So this isn’t a new thing, but i seem to hit this time of year where things just overwhelm me. I’m not at a stage where i think i need antidepressants or stuff like that. I have always had this attitude of the good things are usually balanced out by the bad and recent years for all the good stuff we have had, there has just been shite stuff happen at the back of it and I don’t know if the shite stuff seems to be amplified in my head, but it seems like it outweighs the good. It’s go seem daft, and be honest if it does, but when we are bickering over silly things, I actually notice other couples around me that seem to be so happy. When things are good with us, it is really good but at times, i let the silly wee arguments linger in my head.
The thing is, in my head and even written down i know what the problems are, i just don’t seem to have the solutions.

Maybe you need a wee break on your own or with mates to recharge and get things into perspective? This time of year has to be the worst for it. The happy couples you see around you probably aren't always like that, especially at home.

Edited by welshbairn

Maybe you need a wee break on your own or with mates to recharge and get things into perspective? This time of year has to be the worst for it. The happy couples you see around you probably aren't always like that, especially at home.

I have my works Christmas night out tomorrow, which i do look forward to, so maybe that will help. I maybe need to get out the house more as well. Yeah, you’re probably right, I don’t know why i notice that sort of thing, it’s probably something that would just pass other folk by.

You are right about perspective as well, lucky to have what i do and maybe just don’t notice it sometimes. I just feel mentally drained sometimes with the silly reasons that we bicker.

It’s bad, but for years I’ve hated this time of year. Expense, hassle, stress.
Try not to be too hard on the kids but at the same time, don’t let them away with murder. Use this thread to vent as and when you need. I’ve had the issue for a long time of feeling that while nothing is wrong really, then compounding that with feeling guilty because “I’ve no problems really”. It’s bullshit, while there’s obviously much worse scenarios in the world it doesn’t mean that your problems, stresses, worries aren’t valid. I’m sure the kids and Mrs B still love you, even if you’re crabbit sometimes. Make sure you tell them you love them as well, and apologise now and again if you think you probably should [emoji4]