Depression

Maybe wrong thread and a petty issue but a works irish/Scottish night out and I'm feeling like the only one without someone to talk to. So just left, as not feeling too great anyway.

Is it a widespread issue for people to not be able to converse totally for hours at a time, or just me? With people you like, but not know very well and don't have much in common with? I'd genuinely rather head home which I'm now doing.

Maybe wrong thread and a petty issue but a works irish/Scottish night out and I'm feeling like the only one without someone to talk to. So just left, as not feeling too great anyway.

Is it a widespread issue for people to not be able to converse totally for hours at a time, or just me? With people you like, but not know very well and don't have much in common with? I'd genuinely rather head home which I'm now doing.
I think everyone feels like that sometimes at events. Work events can be rank as everyone splits into groups. I either talk to a few mates or go full blown pissed which leads to massive fear the next day.
Wolf of wall street had it right. Everyone must get totally wasted.

I think everyone feels like that sometimes at events. Work events can be rank as everyone splits into groups. I either talk to a few mates or go full blown pissed which leads to massive fear the next day.
Wolf of wall street had it right. Everyone must get totally wasted.
Thankfully this time it's not so rank. Christmas party for full company last year was utterly depressing I left early to watch Bundesliga alone.
Tonight is prodominantly Irish and although Aw c**t is nice, I don't feel I belong.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I haven't used either St Johns Wort or the lights but a Vitamin D spray helps me out a lot in the winter. Suspended in coconut oil, so it tastes revolting, but you can get gummies; I just can't because vegetarian. 

I think a daily dose of coconut would simply add to my depression, tbh. 😉

11 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I think a daily dose of coconut would simply add to my depression, tbh. 😉

Coconut oil is worse for you than munching into a bar of lard, the worst concentration of the wrong kinds of fats known to man. My alternative health health mad sister tried to force feed my Dad with it because of its totally fictional curing qualities for alzheimers by putting it in his tea and coffee, poor man spent hours trying to spit it all out without her noticing. Disgusting stuff.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

I know a few people who use CBD oil to treat their anxiety with success. I don't think anyone has mentioned CBD oil on here so far as an option?

It's something I've been thinking about for a while.

Wife's pal got a massage with the masseur using CBD oil and reckoned she was pretty blissed out for a couple of hours afterwards. 

Guest bernardblack

I get that too, especially with work events. Sometimes think it’s me being lazy not making an effort....but if you like your own company and would prefer to watch the football by yourself then that’s fine. When I do something similar i always think it’s my weekend etc so I’d rather be doing something I’d prefer, if that makes sense?

Got 2 tickets to a gig in Glasgow on Friday night. If any of you guys are at a loose end and are in Glasgow (or are willng to travel there) give me a shout and I'll send them to you. Not looking for anything for them just rather they never went to waste. 

I'll offer them to the rest of the forum tomorrow if I've no takers. 

1 hour ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Ha, shit. Just saw wha thread this was. Please feel free to give them to someone on here.

I've not heard a peep neither on here nor on the Things you want to share thread. If you're still interested, drop me a PM. 

11 hours ago, Dele said:

Aye sorry, i left out that quite important information from my post in here. :mellow:

As dosser says, it's Shed Seven supported by the Twang. 

Still available. 

I'd love to see Shed Seven again. A good night guaranteed.

Sadly, I'm thousands of miles away.