Depression

Daily meditation is a very effective way to clear the mind and help with mental illnesses. After only a week or two you can notice a big reduction in anxiety and stress levels as it focuses your attention away from past and future and towards the present where no "problems" actually exist. Plenty of books and online resources about it for those starting out.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

Back on medication following my dad's cancer diagnosis. I am finding things very hard to cope with at the moment. But my medication is knocking me a bit side ways. So far I have put fresh carrots in the freezer and the kettle in the fridge. I am bk to my GP on Tues. Driving is difficult and it is my living. Times are very hard.

Can you speak to work and see about getting time off for compassionate reasons? Not going to help your dads, or your condition, obviously but at least it's one less worry and you could spend time with him.

34 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Can you speak to work and see about getting time off for compassionate reasons? Not going to help your dads, or your condition, obviously but at least it's one less worry and you could spend time with him.

Self employed now. But I sometimes find it hard to get up.

Self employed now. But I sometimes find it hard to get up.

Okay, obviously not then, sorry. Any opportunity coming up to take a wee bit time off without it affecting things financially too much any time soon? Need to keep the head up and keep battering on mate, can't be easy but nothing else for it unfortunately. Always got the good guys and gals of P&B to speak to when required!

5 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Okay, obviously not then, sorry. Any opportunity coming up to take a wee bit time off without it affecting things financially too much any time soon? Need to keep the head up and keep battering on mate, can't be easy but nothing else for it unfortunately. Always got the good guys and gals of P&B to speak to when required!

People are great. Docs , nurses, family , still so hard .

On 14/12/2016 at 23:37, D.A.F.C said:

I told one of them today if it continues next year I'm keeping a log and going to HR. Of course they denied and said they were not that type of person while at the same time standing and trying to destroy a piece of equipment. There's been half a dozen people openly talk about me getting sacked or got rid of as some sort of second coming and as if it's going to fix everything and that I'm such a problem. Today I had two colleagues openly discuss me getting punted saying SURPRISE and that they wondered if party hats and beers will be handed out and why can't everyone be put out of their misery sooner.

Ive barely said boo to anyone or been obnoxious and others have been outrageously non PC or abusive towards others yet nothing gets said? I tried the nice and professional approach only for it to be denied then continued. I've actually helped the abusive people, tried to ignore them, tried to be friendly nothing works. I just feel absolutely hated by quite a few people. Yes I keep myself to myself and don't play politics and have discussed the above with a few 'friendlier' colleagues but I get treated as if I'm a piece of dirt. 

I don't know why I'm typing this up here but it does help as I'm on my own. It's effecting my confidence and quality of life and turning me into a bit of an anxiety ridden mess at times. Which I'm sure is enjoyable to see for some of these morons.

Really trying hard to find another suitable role but maybe it's just time to take something to tide me over for while?

The crazy thing is that I have it in writing in an email that my boss has never had any complaints about me plus I get good reviews. 

At the same time the same person can be abusive at the flip of a coin and give others the green light to do the same. It's now the second workplace where I've had issues with this and I'm sick of it. The thing that hurts the most is seeing close friends or family get upset when I tell them about it, I'm also totally obsessed with it. It's a living hell TBH.

Don't even warn them about making a log or going to HR. Just keep one - even if it's retrospective - to log what has happened so far and continue to update it in real time. Log everything you feel is relevant including behaviours, how it made you feel/react, if it was witnessed, where and when it happened and of course details of the incident.

I've had a shockingly bad year at work which started with two slipped discs and spinal surgery (sustained as a result of repetitive heavy lifting and no manual handling training) and ended with me almost losing my job as a result of the injuries restricting my duties and it's made me awfully bitter at their behaviour and treatment of me (I've not been there two years so have no real protection from dismissal on capability grounds). Topped off with the fact that I was sold a complete dud at interview in terms of what the job would entail and my own role therein and it's amounted to one pissed off, jaded employee. I have always taken great professional pride in my work and the entire situation has knocked most of the enthusiasm out of me...I'm happy to bide my time though and collect a wage until I find something that's right for me, be it a new role elsewhere, or go study at Uni at nights, work towards a degree and try and get into a social work or counselling type role.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Cheers guys doesn't help stay in the middle of nowhere and not being able to drive,my son is up today and we are going to see Rouge One.

Walks in the countryside, fresh air, and the expanse of the natural habitat might help, if you've not thought of that already. It can help put your thoughts at peace, Concentrate on the feelings of fresh air and the textures/ appearance of the things around you. It helps focus the mind away from difficulties.

Had a great day with my son yesterday,we just chatted about life and just chilled.Went to see Rouge One  which was outstanding.Tomorrow I plan to walk into Falkirk and clean my big brothers grave and go down to my mum and dad's plot as well.It may sound a crap way to spend the day but I end up just talking to them as if they were still with me.

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

Had a great day with my son yesterday,we just chatted about life and just chilled.Went to see Rouge One  which was outstanding.Tomorrow I plan to walk into Falkirk and clean my big brothers grave and go down to my mum and dad's plot as well.It may sound a crap way to spend the day but I end up just talking to them as if they were still with me.

Spent many times at my father in laws grave after my granddaughter was born for a craic

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

There's nothing crap about that if it gives you comfort.