Mouth Ulcers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I find that works is Anbesol Liquid. If you go into a Chemist and ask for it, they'll give you a wee bottle and usually costs about £4(ish). Put it on the ulcer and it stings like ****, and then no more pain and it will usually be gone the next day.

• 2 months later...

Use a dry toothbrush and scrape the fucker off. Rinse your mouth with vinegar afterwards. Should be gone in a day.

Way to go numptie. Most likely end up with the ulcer infected if you do this.

Eoin, recurring mouth ulcers are generally the sign of some underlying health issues.

See a GP or dentist, possibly need some blood tests done. They can also prescribe some medicaments which are more effective than the over the counter stuff.

NB This is a suggestion not clinical advice.

I tried to pop the little fucker earlier but blood just came out :(

Never try to pop an ulcer or follow the advice I gave you, just try using corsodyl for now for some pain relief. I had some unreal toothache recently and it was the only thing that gave me some respite, so I imagine it should be more than a match for a standard mouth ulcer. In the long term just try to keep good mouth hygiene by brushing regularly and staying away from too much of salty/sugary stuff.

• 1 month later...

Archived