Andy Geggan Appreciation Thread

Really liked Geggan, seemed like a decent guy as well.

I remember he asked if he could travel with us on the bus for our title party at Annan :lol: can't remember if he was suspended or injured or something. Safe to say Chapman never allowed it.

Looks like he was on the bench for that game so it may have been another fixture, or a different player altogether but I'm almost certain it was him.

For the benefit of the thread and Geggans soundness we'll say it was him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he was on the bench for that game so it may have been another fixture, or a different player altogether but I'm almost certain it was him.

For the benefit of the thread and Geggans soundness we'll say it was him.

It was him. He was looking forward to jaunt on our bus with a carry out but Chapman knocked it on the head :lol: .

It was him. He was looking forward to jaunt on our bus with a carry out but Chapman knocked it on the head :lol: .

That's quality! Not that he was stopped, but that he wanted to do it! Good lad. You should just have smuggled him aboard in a hamper or something.

That's quality! Not that he was stopped, but that he wanted to do it! Good lad. You should just have smuggled him aboard in a hamper or something.

It wasn't until after the game he informed us of it unfortunately, IIRC. Geggan's a great laugh, as you'll find out at your POTY awards. He had a great 5 years with us and I'd love to see him back but he's a step above our level.

After the criticism he received when you guys played Forfar in the Ramsdens Cup, I'm pleased he's now doing well. Getting to play in the middle instead of full back will have helped. I'm also pleased that my prediction after your game against Forfar in July has turned out to be correct.

Once the season is underway he should do well. He never looked out of place against any team in the league last season and I doubt we'd have done so well against SPL teams in the cups had he not been breaking up the play in midfield.

I felt genuinely sorry for the Aberdeen midfielders when we played them in the league cup. I lost count when Geggan had taken the ball off them for about the 35th time in the first half - boys against a man.

3 minutes after he was subbed we lost a goal. Says it all really.

You mugs let him go, we made him.

Eh, well it was his first division debut season which has made Andy the player he is at Dunfermline!!! Ha, was my favourite player last season and a real fans favourite, doesn't have the skills, but a real box to box player for us last year, great work ethic and determination. The type if centre mid we need right now.

Archived