Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

If they are carrying saltires then they are really confused. Really really confused.

Loyalist marches often have Scottish flags. You see them on murals in Loyalist areas as well. I assume it's a 'tribute' to the fact that a lot of the Protestants who settled in Ireland were Scottish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why people would get upset over a flag. It's meant to be a nations symbol, one that belongs to all if us. It should be hung from buildings, national football stadiums, fire engines......

Imagine if our country attempted to prohibit our own flag eh?

Imagine if our country attempted to prohibit our own flag eh?

All they have said it won't be flown 365 days a years

I couldn't even tell you if we have a UJ flying over city chambers in Glasgow, even if they did decide to take it down for most of the year I doubt anyone would really care

It's just fake rage from some people

All they have said it won't be flown 365 days a years

I couldn't even tell you if we have a UJ flying over city chambers in Glasgow, even if they did decide to take it down for most of the year I doubt anyone would really care

It's just fake rage from some people

Fire chiefs remove 'offensive' saltire from engines after complaints

The fireman, who did not wish to be identified, said: "One of the complaints stated that they were offended as the flag was now a sign of pro-Scottish independence. So they took the rash decision to remove them immediately.

Olympic Saltire ban

THE SALTIRE has been banned from flying over Scotland's national stadium at Hampden while Olympic football matches are taking place.

(they then had to back down)

SNP 'brainwashes' Scotland by painting trains in blue and white Saltire livery

The Scottish National Party was accused of attempting to "brainwash people into independence" after it emerged that Scotland's trains are to be re-branded in a blue and white Saltire livery.

(they went very quiet on this after it emerged that it was originally a labour design)

Starter for three! :D

Where did you go? Wandering up Shankhill and towards Falls Rd per chance? Your story sounds analagous to someone basing their experience of Scotland on a pint they had in Sighthill.

Stayed in a hostel opposite the Central Library, but i did head up the Shankhill and on to the Falls and the Shankhill is where i stumbled into the Rex Bar, which i later found out had been the local of Johnny Adair. The IRA stronghold bit happened when we went on a search for the mystical 24-hour carry-out shop and must have taken a wrong turn.

Stayed in a hostel opposite the Central Library, but i did head up the Shankhill and on to the Falls and the Shankhill is where i stumbled into the Rex Bar, which i later found out had been the local of Johnny Adair. The IRA stronghold bit happened when we went on a search for the mystical 24-hour carry-out shop and must have taken a wrong turn.

It's Shankill you halfwit ;)

Loyalist marches often have Scottish flags. You see them on murals in Loyalist areas as well. I assume it's a 'tribute' to the fact that a lot of the Protestants who settled in Ireland were Scottish.

Ironically (or perhaps not) many of them came from areas that experienced a great deal of Irish migration in the late dark ages (SW Scotland). The very name of Scot once referred to Irish.

Both sides are fighting over a delusional, romanticised version of history.

"Brits out" oh really and are you going to be trawling through ancestry to see who is Irish enough to remain? :rolleyes:

Did anyone see what the unionists were like when the queen met up with Martin McGuiness? The republicans being interviewed on the news were all saying that they weren't fans of the royals but if it improved relations then they were all for it, the unionists they asked were all going on tear stained rants about what a disgrace it was. There's no doubt that there's scumbags on both sides but the unionists are just angry, bitter c***s. Even my dad who's Northern Irish and from a proddie background says there's nothing worse than an angry orangeman.

Mind you, I know tonnes of Northern Irish folk in their early twenties(every one of them from a Protestant background IIRC) and not one of them cares about any of this whole thing or whether they're called Irish or British, so hopefully this shite will die out one day.

Archived