Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine the fuss that would be made by the media if it was an IFA official singing along to a Loyalist tune rather than an FAI one joining in with a dirge about the hunger strikers. Somehow I don't think an apology would suffice in that scenario.

The reason why an apology 'suffices' for southern Irish bigots is straightforward - the issue there is solely between bigot apologists and those who want it kept away from football. It's fairly obvious why an IFA official would be under more intense scrutiny for doing so: because his body has to distance itself from two camps of bigots. Which would mean that an IFA official singing to any bigot tune would immediately evoke hostility from the opposing side of bigots, on top of those who still want it to have nothing to do with the sport. I'm afraid that you and the rest of the failed statelet chumps can wrap up your conspiracy there.

Of course, the actual level media outrage in the UK about either the FAI or IFA would be tiny: because football in Norn or Southern Ireland alike is an utterly irrelevant joke to the rest of the UK.

The reason why an apology 'suffices' for southern Irish bigots is straightforward - the issue there is solely between bigot apologists and those who want it kept away from football. It's fairly obvious why an IFA official would be under more intense scrutiny for doing so: because his body has to distance itself from two camps of bigots. Which would mean that an IFA official singing to any bigot tune would immediately evoke hostility from the opposing side of bigots, on top of those who still want it to have nothing to do with the sport. I'm afraid that you and the rest of the failed statelet chumps can wrap up your conspiracy there.

Of course, the actual level media outrage in the UK about either the FAI or IFA would be tiny: because football in Norn or Southern Ireland alike is an utterly irrelevant joke to the rest of the UK.

You could argue that the IFA is inclusive and represents both sides of the coin, whereas the FAI does not and, with that sort of behaviour, is unlikely to convince people that it wants to, but we all know your clichéd views of NI. As for a conspiracy - you've got me there?

As for our football being an utterly irrelevant joke to the rest of the UK; Northern Ireland have managed to circumvent the first round of the World Cup finals (twice), while Scotland have not yet managed to do so.

Perhaps you should concern yourself with your moribund third level diddy team?

You could argue that the IFA is inclusive and represents both sides of the coin, whereas the FAI does not and, with that sort of behaviour, is unlikely to convince people that it wants to, but we all know your clichéd views of NI.

As for our football being an utterly irrelevant joke to the rest of the UK; Northern Ireland have managed to circumvent the first round of the World Cup finals (twice), while Scotland have not yet managed to do so.

You could argue that: if anyone else cared about the football associations of Ireland. I don't. But then again, the simple fact remains is that the FAI do not need to include "both sides of the coin" because there is only one, permanent group of bigots within its jurisdiction. Which is precisely why less perceived controversy results from their moronic chairman pandering to them.

Absolutely no-one cares about international football, never mind a diddy on diddy fight between Scotland and Norn Ireland.

Perhaps you should concern yourself with your moribund third level diddy team?

My team: Camelon Juniors

Still a considerable step up from a joke outfit like Linfield though. Gutted for you.

You could argue that: if anyone else cared about the football associations of Ireland. I don't. But then again, the simple fact remains is that the FAI do not need to include "both sides of the coin" because there is only one, permanent group of bigots within its jurisdiction. Which is precisely why less perceived controversy results from their moronic chairman pandering to them.

Absolutely no-one cares about international football, never mind a diddy on diddy fight between Scotland and Norn Ireland.

I don't particularly care about it any more, but you are making an even bigger fool of yourself than usual when you claim that absolutely nobody cares about it.

My team: Camelon Juniors

Still a considerable step up from a joke outfit like Linfield though. Gutted for you.

Camelon are in there as my local team, but seriously, a Morton fan referring to diddy teams? As a history student you should know which side has the greater cache historically?

Thanks for playing. ;)

Morton being one of the major provincial sides in Scotland shit all over anything to have come out of the Norn Irish game, there can be no doubting this.

I'm afraid absolutely no-one is impressed by your dozens of league wins over the Dog and Duck XI.

Morton being one of the major provincial sides in Scotland shit all over anything to have come out of the Norn Irish game, there can be no doubting this.

I'm afraid absolutely no-one is impressed by your dozens of league wins over the Dog and Duck XI.

:lol::lol:

Or, to paraphrase, a third tier diddy team.

You're far too easy champ.

post-45629-0-99028000-1417203272.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived