Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1358697799[/url]' post='7001413']

That'll do, any excuse for a parade.

Some Christian fundamentalists think the Bible should be taken literally and that Genesis is a perfect expression of God's truth.

Personally I wasn't even convinced of Phil Collins as a drummer never mind his singing

That'll do, any excuse for a parade.

If they're told to speed up whilst passing a chapel, will their reply be: "No, you'll just have to wait!"?

“@belfastjj: RT " @hackedoffhack A Protestant civil rights march is being planned from Belfast City Hall to Stormont on March 1 starting at 1pm "”

This should be fun

Even more fun awaits!

http://www.belfastdaily.co.uk/2013/01/22/revealed-ex-ruc-and-udr-form-group-to-protect-union-flag-protestors/#.UP8hkGDD2Sc.twitter

Some ex RUC are prepared to stick the uniform back on to protect flag protesters from PSNI brutality

I can only see this ending well

sounds like utter nonsense to me, an ex-RUC jakey blowing some smoke for a journalist willing to buy him a few pints sounds more likely.

The aims are totally incoherent anyway.

Things have quietened a little bit since the PSNI actually arrested some people towards the end of last week. But these 'protests' really have stirred things up domestically in what was previously an absolutely soporific political scene.

Now all of a sudden the DUP seem likely to join Sinn Fein in calling for a 'border poll' on Irish unity as soon as possible. Of course the DUP will be confident in calling SF's bluff on this and killing it as an issue. Meanwhile there's, er, an advertising campaign being launched to help Belfast businesses who have been losing money hand over fist during the recent trouble, and are preparing for widespread redundancies. The appeal to the protestors / rioters is laughable. There have been calls from politicians to the youth not to riot as it will damage tourism and the economy. Er, like either of those factors matter a jot to unemployed youth and criminals in East Belfast.

Now that Paisley is lapsing into senile retirement and Gerry Adams is spending more time south of the border, the quality of politician left behind really is shockingly pisspoor in Northern Ireland. Loathsome as both were, they had great skills as political operators. On issues like these disturbances and the sluggish economy the current troughers at Stormont really are hopelessly out of their depth. Moreover, as Slugger O'Toole has shown, they also have been spectacualrly idle- having been re-elected, they seem very content to do nothing whatsoever. <_<

would be a pity if the only options were a) stir up shite or b) do absolutely nothing whilst creaming in a huge wedge from the taxpayer though, no?

Undoubtably, but if those were the only two options I'd rather they did nothing, and as most councillors/MLAs seem to be only capable of stirring up shite, I'll settle for option b.

Some Christian fundamentalists think the Bible should be taken literally and that Genesis is a perfect expression of God's truth.

Personally I wasn't even convinced of Phil Collins as a drummer never mind his singing

The music and lyrics that he wrote were what made him as a musician. I was never a fan of Genesis or Phil Collins either but enjoyed listening to some of their tracks because their lyrics helped me to think about some things out of the box, such as...

"The Serpent"

Dark night, planets are set

Creator prepares for the dawn of man

You're waking up, the day of incarnation

Said you're waking up to life

Images he made to love

Images of gods in flesh

Man is wonderful, very wonderful

Look at him

Beware the future

Here is my world and it's waiting for me

Paradise before my eyes

I am alive in a new born world

This heaven will always be mine

I'm waking up, the day of man has come

And god created man from dust

With a soul inside his mould

And god created womankind

The vessel of satan's hold

Creator made the serpent wise

Evil in his tempting eyes

Man is wonderful, very wonderful

Look at him

Beware the future

Here is my world and it's waiting for me

Paradise before my eyes

I am alive in a new born world

This heaven will always be mine

Dark night, planets are set

Creator prepares for the dawn of man

You're waking up, the day of incarnation

Said you're waking up to life

Here I stand a child in a lonely world, oh no

Watch the serpent tempting me to evil

The guiding hand will help me on

Guiding hand will help me on

The guiding hand will help me on

Guiding hand will help me on

ph34r.gif

I think it's time for a radical re-think in regard to Northern Ireland.

Now for this to happen, Scotland would need to vote yes next year, but if we do then it's time for a Celtic (Keltic) union.

A united Scotland and Ireland could surely manage the troublesome Ulster betwen us.

I think if we take the Scot from Scotland and the Land from Ireland we could all live happily in Scotland.

The same would apply with taking the Scot from Scottish and the Ish from Irish.

Next, the Middle East.

I think it's time for a radical re-think in regard to Northern Ireland.

Now for this to happen, Scotland would need to vote yes next year, but if we do then it's time for a Celtic (Keltic) union.

A united Scotland and Ireland could surely manage the troublesome Ulster betwen us.

I think if we take the Scot from Scotland and the Land from Ireland we could all live happily in Scotland.

The same would apply with taking the Scot from Scottish and the Ish from Irish.

Next, the Middle East.

No.

Archived