Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always happy to illuminate the truth. smile.gif It often hurts those who have invested much of their time or/& money unwittingly pursuing falsehoods.

Again, talking shite.

Kicking off in Dundonald so I've heard. The PSNI riot squad are out in force.

It's just fucking bizarre. It is all going down tonight in the area from around East Link Road to Robb's Road in Dundonald.

What's in that area? Is it a poor area filled with the oppressed, those without a voice, the poor?

No.

What's in that area is the Ulster Hospital, McDonalds, a couple of take aways, a nice wee park, a very large Elim Pentecostal Church, an ASDA store, a petrol station and a retirement complex (incidentally, where my grandparents-in-law live).

People must be flooding in from elsewhere to kick all this off. Plenty of nutters in the vicinity right enough.

Will this ever end? Not the flag issue but the Northern Ireland/Ireland issue?

The people there who consider themselves British clearly will never want a united Ireland and the Nationalists will never accept the British rule.

It just seems that no matter what decision is taken, there will be groups who want to kick up hell about it. Seems like a no win situation to me, with no end ever in sight.

Will this ever end? Not the flag issue but the Northern Ireland/Ireland issue?

The people there who consider themselves British clearly will never want a united Ireland and the Nationalists will never accept the British rule.

It just seems that no matter what decision is taken, there will be groups who want to kick up hell about it. Seems like a no win situation to me, with no end ever in sight.

Correct. Doesn't mean that is a valid reason for either side to give up though...........

That black 'n tan rottie? Hoor.

Nah, it's a wee white Yorkie.

The 'kicking off' might be the 14 year old neds that drink cider and hang around in dimly lit corners, but I think they're less into nationalism and seperatism and more into shoving fireworks into the BT junction box.

Correct. Doesn't mean that is a valid reason for either side to give up though...........

No I get that, I just dont see what either side ultimately wants.

Both sides must know that their view is going to leave at least half the country in turmoil. Isnt there a compromise that's possible?

I've had a few drinks and probably not coming across as very intelligent, but I hope you know what I mean.

Its like a divorce. Surely its better to come to a compromise that suits the majority rather than continuing with an utterly futile playground fight that looks to never come to a sensible finish with 2 parties looking for an absolute conclusion thats never realistically coming.

The easiest way to force a compromise is to cut them off and leave them to worry about funding their own education, healthcare etc: if that doesn't put their obsession with 17th Century shite on the back-burner, nothing will. Best of all, we won't have to care about their shite or pick up the tab for 'development'.

The easiest way to force a compromise is to cut them off and leave them to worry about funding their own education, healthcare etc: if that doesn't put their obsession with 17th Century shite on the back-burner, nothing will. Best of all, we won't have to care about their shite or pick up the tab for 'development'.

The unionist seethe this would create would make doing this worthwhile.

Archived