Scottish Football Reconstruction

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to try to insult someone's intelligence by laying a claim in front of them then please have the decency i would expect from a normal human being, and not some spoilt brat who think he owns the site because he has nothing better to do with his time, other than tossing himself off, to at least read the answer they give.

You can't help yourself, can you?

Bloody grow up.

'Big' leagues generated 1 non-OF champion between 1904 and 1948.

Taking WW2 into account it's not quite so bad. From Celtic's win in the 1904/05 season, the Old Firm go on to win 35/36 titles until Hibs' win in 1947/48.

Rangers won all the Southern/Emergency Leagues during the War years, don't know if the presence of an Aberdeen or Dundee would of changed that.

Go and f*ck yourself, you numpty.If you can't be bothered addressing the points raised then just shut your gob. The post wasn't even for you, Monkey boy. Want a banana?

Ah, points raised - let's see.

You came on with the unsubstantiated assertion that some of our clubs face financial difficulty because we have far too many of them. In doing so, you used terms like "full-time" and "senior" wholly inaccurately.

Even if we leave this aside, which I've done from the outset however, (and recognise that you mean those that play in the National leagues) there is little logic in what you say. Your comparison with England is pointless.

You said I'd misunderstood what you were saying at one point, but refused to explain where, when invited.

When you've been challenged on your groundless claims, you've resorted to lots of abusive swearing, as well as something about my user name featuring the word 'monkey' which seems to please you.

I'd suggest that if you really can't handle discussion and debate any better than this, that you leave it alone. You've no idea how stupid and pathetic your latest posts make you appear.

I am more than aware and I am aware of what i said, which is a damn sight more than you seem to be capable of understanding. And you may also be aware that in the past 20 years or so at least 50 of those clubs have gone into administration.

...and? I'm sorry what point are you making? Its difficult to understand a single point from you as you keep changing your point of view when its pointed out you are talking nonsense.

To make it clear to you, as you appear to have some difficulties -

you said England had 92 full time teams, it doesnt.

When I pointed this out you took the huff.

Yes I'm fully aware teams in England habe gone into administration - but what does that have to do with the amount of teams that are full time?

Can you answer any opposition point without resulting to cheap insults or are you nothing more than yet another idiotic troll?

If they all start off the barefeet after the split a 12 12 18 set up could reinvigorate the SFL 1 clubs big style, plenty of SFL clubs would carry very large travelling supports IMO.

12+12+18 = well I'll let jacksgranda work that out :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20920482

Going by the opening part, it sounds like SPL clubs won't support 16-10-16 but SFL clubs might support 12-12-18.

Scottish Football League chief David Longmuir admits the Scottish Premier League's proposed league structure of 12-12-18 may well transpire. SFL and SPL clubs will meet on Tuesday to continue talks on how best to shape the game, with the SFL previously having pushed for a top flight of 16.

"It looks like the only way we can take it forward," said Longmuir.

"There is no perfect solution. We have an incongruent number and therefore it can't just be nice and symmetrical."

Personally I'm happy enough with the 12-12 but it would be enhanced if they went for, say, halving Top 8 + Bottom 8 points at the split.

Not keen on 18-team division... rather admit 2 clubs for 12-12-10-10... but there's merit in only having 3 nationwide divisions; and clubs may prefer to be 1 promotion from SPL2 or whatever the name, v 2?

No pyramid mentioned... hmmm.

Although the 18 team league sounds fantastic if there's relegation from it, I'm not sure about the 12-12 bit, especially with that odd split to 8-8-8.

To be honest, I see the 8-8-8 split as a reasonable compromise. Its clear that no-one wants to cut the number of home games and that the SPL wont agree to a big enough league to make up the number of games with just home and away, which is what most fans, I think, want. (Although, if a 20 team league is good enough for the EPL, Im not sure why we couldnt make it work here too)

On Your Call 2 tonight they said that fans wouldnt understand the 8-8-8 split, but it isnt that complicated, is it? They then went on to say that each club should publish detailed accounts justifying why reducing the number of games would impact the club. Quite how that would be easier to understand than splitting two leagues into three is beyond me.

On Your Call 2 tonight they said that fans wouldnt understand the 8-8-8 split, but it isnt that complicated, is it? They then went on to say that each club should publish detailed accounts justifying why reducing the number of games would impact the club. Quite how that would be easier to understand than splitting two leagues into three is beyond me.

I don't think 12-12 going to 8-8-8 is complicated, tbh. People said that about the current split, and at least the moping about 7th having more points than 6th would go.

Fewer games reducing income is fairly logical... less gate/hospitality £££ + cheaper STs; fewer derbies/matchdays for TV; etc.

The 8-8-8 split would be happening right now. That is surely a bit problematic given that a number of SPL and SFL1 clubs have had a few postponements and would have a lot of games to catch up with.

Was thinking that earlier. Perhaps USH will be mandatory with waterloggings caught-up during winter break? Still not ideal.

I don't think 12-12 going to 8-8-8 is complicated, tbh. People said that about the current split, and at least the moping about 7th having more points than 6th would go.

Fewer games reducing income is fairly logical... less gate/hospitality £££ + cheaper STs; fewer derbies/matchdays for TV; etc.

Exactly. Why the radio panel felt clubs had to justify this in detail is beyond me

Was thinking that earlier. Perhaps USH will be mandatory with waterloggings caught-up during winter break? Still not ideal.

USH should never be mandatory. Ross County have two games to catch up. In the first, both Livy and Hamilton have three games. In the second there is only one game across the whole league and in the third only one team has two games to make up - Queens Park.

Theres no relation between USH and called off matches.

To be honest, I see the 8-8-8 split as a reasonable compromise. Its clear that no-one wants to cut the number of home games and that the SPL wont agree to a big enough league to make up the number of games with just home and away, which is what most fans, I think, want. (Although, if a 20 team league is good enough for the EPL, Im not sure why we couldnt make it work here too)

I can see the logic, I just can't help feel it will leave some teams adrift. Unless you wipe the points entirely at the split and see the first 22 games as a qualifier for the three leagues of eight.

Not sure how trophies would be distributed, would it be SPL1 and SPL 2 titles with the post-split sections almost being like qualifiers for Europe and promotion/relegation? Or vice versa with three titles?

The idea of an 18 team league that would basically be a national part-time championship does seem quite tasty though if there's a mechanism to relegate to regional leagues. I currently feel the arse end of SFL3 (East Stirling the only permanent resident really) is of a standard which really should not be playing in a national league, but there are teams from the EoS and Highland league and even a few juniors that could narrow the gap in standard between the top and bottom of that league.

Not sure how trophies would be distributed, would it be SPL1 and SPL 2 titles with the post-split sections almost being like qualifiers for Europe and promotion/relegation? Or vice versa with three titles?

Presumably trophies for Top 8, Middle 8 and Bottom 8, to give the appearance of something to play for once you're safely top 4 in the Middle or safely above relegation in the Bottom 8.

Makes the history books rather messy, as they're not really equivalent to historcial 2nd/3rd tier titles, but probably sensible.

Archived