MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hoping to see Masvidal get dismantled by Gilbert Burns tonight. A very horrible wee man. 

Was happy to see him get dominated. Shout out to Trump and a brag about being a multi millionaire before he slunk off. Hope to never see him again, fully expect him to be broke and begging the UFC/trump/rogan for work/money in a few years.

19 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Was happy to see him get dominated. Shout out to Trump and a brag about being a multi millionaire before he slunk off. Hope to never see him again, fully expect him to be broke and begging the UFC/trump/rogan for work/money in a few years.

Yeah that just confirmed what we already knew. A classless little shit.

Some finish from Izzy there... Can't help but feel that if Pereira had committed to his work there, particularly the body shot he got him with, or even just kept his guard tight whilst he was working against the cage, he was going to find a way through. That body shot in particular though..... Bet he wishes he sat down on it now 

On 09/04/2023 at 05:34, GTG_03 said:

No fan of Masvidal myself but I think the boxing shows he's been putting on are earning him enough coin - I don't really understand why but there seems to be a decent market for watching washed up MMA fighters box people (or each other) now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2023 at 02:11, Crawford Bridge said:

You'd have to be as thick as f**k to be a pro Trump immigrant.

Izzy is also a weirdo. Great fighter but a weirdo. 

Weeks late on this, but Izzy is 100% a weirdo. He's 3-1 down at this point ffs :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching UFC290 last night and I thought it was a really good card aside from the embarrassing Bo Nickel fight - quite why they're still serving up cardboard cutouts for him I have no idea, the guys clearly a top 10/15 fighter, just test him against someone half decent. That Jamaican lad looked like he was just pulled out a weightlifters gym. 

Can see Pantoja and Moreno running it back, was a great scrap that could've gone either way, as was the Dan Hooker fight. Volkanovski is just unreal at this game too. Yair never got a chance to get into a groove, Volk is up there with the best to do MMA for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I love Justin Gaethje. An absolute maniac. 

Has there ever been a more overrated fighter than Tony Ferguson? Mind when (deluded) people thought he was the answer to Nurmagomedov? Khabib would've ragdolled him. 

Ferguson was a really good fighter. His pressure was fantastic to watch. But yeah, don't think he did anything better than Khabib. He's now in a "this is sad to watch" place. Looks like a tragedy waiting to happen when he's going in there defending with his face and also losing the reflexes needed to see shots coming. I don't think the man is well. Needs to be saved from himself. 

On 30/07/2023 at 22:54, Crawford Bridge said:

I love Justin Gaethje. An absolute maniac. 

Has there ever been a more overrated fighter than Tony Ferguson? Mind when (deluded) people thought he was the answer to Nurmagomedov? Khabib would've ragdolled him. 

With hindsight it's easy to say but Ferguson had lost 1 fight (by decision) between 2009 and 2019. He was beating top fighters in that time too. I think if they had fought in that period it would've been a great fight, probably with Khabib winning. It should also be noted that in 2019 Ferguson appeared to lose his fucking mind, wrecking his house because he thought voices were in his fireplace, resulting in his wife issuing a restraining order against him. He's never looked the same since and I actually think it's irresponsible to keep putting him in there. There will come a point where Dana or the AC need to stop him fighting because he'll never do it himself (the guy thinks his prime is still in front of him at 39 years old).

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't pay much attention the the UFC295 build up, what went on between Garry and Magny? Garry talks a bit of shit but he's always been respectful after fights, to see him throw up the middle finger to a really inoffensive veteran like Magny was a bit mad at the end of the fight. 

Did not expect O'Malley to pull that off either. Opens that division up a bit.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I didn't pay much attention the the UFC295 build up, what went on between Garry and Magny? Garry talks a bit of shit but he's always been respectful after fights, to see him throw up the middle finger to a really inoffensive veteran like Magny was a bit mad at the end of the fight. 

Did not expect O'Malley to pull that off either. Opens that division up a bit.

I think this had something to do with it…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwBf5LssGPd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Magny said something to him after the 2nd round and it led to the finger. Garry was acting extremely cringe in the build up and appeared to be attempting to channel his inner Conor McGregor which just came across as a bit daft and hard to watch tbh. I’m not sure if it’s a plan to make himself more “sellable”. He’s been giving it all that “here to take over” chat etc which isn’t just trying to be like Conor, it’s recycling his patter.

• 3 weeks later...