MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I'm getting tired of Dana shitting on folk. Saying he basically stopped watching the main event because two huge guys capable of killing each other didn't actually kill each other. Aye it wasn't the best fight, but it was the UFC's idea to put it all together, there was pressure there for both fighters that didn't need to be (let Jiri keep his belt) and if they wanted a title fight then it should've involved Glover. Couple this stuff with his power slap league and all the wee soundbites of him telling fighters to go straight to hospital and his "I look after these guys" shite is shown up for the sham it is. 

We can say Paddy was lucky to win but ultimately all 3 judges scored it the same so I don't really care how many thick as shit MMA fans/pundits score it the other way. What I will say is that Paddy gets murdered by anyone in the top 15 easy and he's probably wise to hand pick his fights from here on in. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2023 at 09:45, Crawford Bridge said:

Brazilian MMA fans are worse than the subway loyal. That arena emptied like there had been a bomb threat.

Paul Cregg's tactics aren't very good. 

What's mental is the current champion of the division and one of the guys who fought for the belt last time have both lost to Paul Craig. Jamahal Hill especially, he wasn't just beaten by Craig, he had his arm snapped in two and TKO'd him with elbows. If he was any good at stand up he'd be easily top 5 in the division, but he basically just wants to lie on his back and hope for the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drake’s put money on Jon Jones, so the wise thing to do would be to put every penny you have on Gane

D38095A0-128C-4FC0-8992-2D8B65B7B39A.thumb.jpeg.501426556d90ed4ce5b9bd5c93a0a95e.jpeg

Should be an excellent fight. Couple of unknowns with Gane’s apparent swollen hand and Jones obviously never having fought at heavyweight. Not sure which way I’d call it, although hope Gane knocks the scumbag the f**k out.

Edited by J_Stewart

Watched it before golf this morning. What an anticlimax. Not convinced Gane even as much as threw a punch, and the takedown defence and wrestling seemed utterly non-existent. Bleak that Stipe at 40 without a fight in two years having been knocked the f**k out by Ngannou is the next in line and you can’t really argue with it. Should get that fight out of the way and then give Ngannou whatever he wants.

• 2 weeks later...

That Edwards has just taken the best of 3, I think it’ll take Usman 2-3 fights to get back in a position to challenge again. Welter’s a pretty stale division, when they’re talking Colby or Jorge for the next opponent.

On 21/08/2022 at 12:42, kiddy said:

Edwards/McGregor @Wembley for his first defence? #MoneyTalks #redpantynight

I see the Champ/Champ’s already been making noises.

Would make a shit load of cash & could probably be held at Wembley.

• 3 weeks later...