MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

That boy Moutinho has an incredible chin but has no business being in there with guys like O'Malley. That must have taken years of activity off his brain.

Fast start to this fight but Poirier will get better it goes on you'd think. If McGregor doesn't get a stoppage by end of rd 2 he'll gas as usual and get finished himself.

Edited by GiGi

Ok McGregor's ankle's broke 🤣 game over

Unfortunate for him, but Poirier was winning that anyway. Poirier giving it massively big licks getting it up McGregor as well, scenes. Followed by a complete heads-gone rant from McGregor, sat on his arse for the interview waiting on a stretcher. Quality viewing overall. Must see for everyone.

Edited by GiGi

44 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Ok McGregor's ankle's broke 🤣 game over

Unfortunate for him, but Poirier was winning that anyway. Poirier giving it massively big licks getting it up McGregor as well, scenes. Followed by a complete heads-gone rant from McGregor, sat on his arse for the interview waiting on a stretcher. Quality viewing overall. Must see for everyone.

I did wonder surely they aren’t going to interview him stuck on his arse. Poirier just looking at him smugly afterwards was quite amusing. No class from either there but very entertaining.

Delighted with that outcome. Poirier is the man. McGregor is still dangerous - and still a complete c**t - but there’s at least 6-7 lightweights better than him now. Would be ridiculous if they give him a rematch immediately on his return, but wouldn’t be surprising. 

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Delighted with that outcome. Poirier is the man. McGregor is still dangerous - and still a complete c**t - but there’s at least 6-7 lightweights better than him now. Would be ridiculous if they give him a rematch immediately on his return, but wouldn’t be surprising. 

If he can afford to turn it down Poirier should just tell him to f**k off and let him stew on it forever. McGregor's humble man act, poor as it was anyway, absolutely crumbled. Shouting about his wife in between screams of pain. He's a scumbag.

John Kavanagh says McGregor has a clean break of his tibia, caused by Poiriers elbow when blocking a kick. 6 weeks on crutches then he can start rehab. McGregor, Poirier and Dana White have all said they don't think this is over, I reckon as soon as he's fit he fights Dustin again, potentially for the belt if Dustin can take out Cowboy.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I want TJ Dillashaw to lose more than anyone ever. I hate everything about him and I think he's a horrible person. Normally when a fighter is as good as he is I can forgive their personality a bit but I genuinely hope he has failure after failure from here on in. Made me wonder who everyone else hates the most in MMA? Tito Ortiz is up there for me too, I'd probably have Dillashaw, Ortiz then Covington as my top 3 most hated. 

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think I want TJ Dillashaw to lose more than anyone ever. I hate everything about him and I think he's a horrible person. Normally when a fighter is as good as he is I can forgive their personality a bit but I genuinely hope he has failure after failure from here on in. Made me wonder who everyone else hates the most in MMA? Tito Ortiz is up there for me too, I'd probably have Dillashaw, Ortiz then Covington as my top 3 most hated. 

A good watch on youtube is Dillashaw (who fancies himself a skilled boxer) getting used as a plaything by Lomachenko in sparring.

Yeah, I've watched that loads of times. It's essentially Loma in reverse, let alone first gear, and he's still just toying with him. You can tell Dillashaw is completely bamboozled by it too. A joy.

Fully agree with Moonster's list, although Covington is probably slightly edging it for me, and in complete agreement on McGregor too. The other one I can think of - although it probably doesn't even count seeing as he's barely a fighter - is that Dillon Danis. A loudmouth p***k who's only known for being McGregor's pal, and only gets airtime for the same reason. Sooner he fights an actual live fighter and gets his head taken off his shoulders, the better IMO.

Feel asleep watching that main card but watching the highlights video back, is that really TJ's fight? Trying not to view it with the bias I already have through hating him but it looked like Sandhagen won that to me. I know you can't solely go on damage but in a fight that close I'd say the damage difference between the fighters should be significant. To hear that TJ had apparently sent guys to secretly film Sandhagen sparring before the fight just confirms to me that he's a horrible wee rat f**k and I'm sad he's gonna get a title shot now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some performance by Gane to stop Lewis. He hasn't even looked like being in trouble in any of his UFC fights.

Whether he can stay away from big Francis for 5 rounds is another matter but will be a cracking fight.

On 08/08/2021 at 09:18, Aladdin said:

Some performance by Gane to stop Lewis. He hasn't even looked like being in trouble in any of his UFC fights.

Whether he can stay away from big Francis for 5 rounds is another matter but will be a cracking fight.

Anyone with a decent fight IQ will beat Lewis, he's got one weapon and tires quickly. I think the Ngannou fight might end up in a bit of a stand off with both guys showing a lot of respect to the other, but hopefully it's a banger. 

Hats of to Vicente Luque too, submitting Michael Chiesa is no easy feat, especially when Chiesa was in control of the grappling for most of the round. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another loss for the Gorilla Till who does not look very gorilla-y at the moment. Brunson is a good fighter but he's a beatable ranked fighter and he absolutely manhandled Till. Difficult to see what he does from here, he won't be offered a top 10 guy in the Middleweight division now and he can't cut the weight for Welterweight. A long road back for him.

That leg kick finish from Khalil Rountree is fucking nasty as well. Never seen anything like that before, guy squealed like a wee pig and I don't blame him. 

• 2 weeks later...