MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Usman finishing Masvidals time at the top table in the division one suspects.

Yes and no. I don’t think he’ll fight for the (actual) title again, but the UFC is now at the point where it almost doesn’t matter. Masvidal has made himself a name, he’s a PPV guy, so whilst he may never be at the elite again, he will 100% be main eventing PPV’s, especially whilst he has that sham BMF Belt. I actually think the brutal knock out is better for his marketability than if Kamara had just wrestlefucked him to death for 5 rounds. At least now they can maintain his record of being involved in exciting finishes and he can claim that he just didn’t think Usman had it in him so left himself open. A wrestling domination would have just shown that he’s levels below. I expect the Nate rematch for the BMF next.

Usman is a beast and now that Khabib is officially retired he’ll hold that welterweight title as long as he wants to. Hope he breaks Covington’s jaw again, and removes the MAGA racists head from his shoulders.

That head kick from Rose. OOOOO WEEEE. What a beautiful shot that was. Weili must be hard as f**k cause she took that and a few hammer fists flush and was up complaining 30 seconds later. No way she could have continued though. A rematch would be great.

Jimmy Crute’s injury was horrible and caused a big wince from me, but Weidman’s, fucking hell, that is just brutal. The snap at the point of impact is just vile. Be genuinely surprised if he ever fights again tbh.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

Yes and no. I don’t think he’ll fight for the (actual) title again, but the UFC is now at the point where it almost doesn’t matter. Masvidal has made himself a name, he’s a PPV guy, so whilst he may never be at the elite again, he will 100% be main eventing PPV’s, especially whilst he has that sham BMF Belt. I actually think the brutal knock out is better for his marketability than if Kamara had just wrestlefucked him to death for 5 rounds. At least now they can maintain his record of being involved in exciting finishes and he can claim that he just didn’t think Usman had it in him so left himself open. A wrestling domination would have just shown that he’s levels below. I expect the Nate rematch for the BMF next.

Usman is a beast and now that Khabib is officially retired he’ll hold that welterweight title as long as he wants to. Hope he breaks Covington’s jaw again, and removes the MAGA racists head from his shoulders.

That head kick from Rose. OOOOO WEEEE. What a beautiful shot that was. Weili must be hard as f**k cause she took that and a few hammer fists flush and was up complaining 30 seconds later. No way she could have continued though. A rematch would be great.

Jimmy Crute’s injury was horrible and caused a big wince from me, but Weidman’s, fucking hell, that is just brutal. The snap at the point of impact is just vile. Be genuinely surprised if he ever fights again tbh.

Saying Masvidal can still put on "fun" fights and be a big draw might seem patronising, but fun in the context of the mayhem the likes of him and Diaz bring to the table.

If he needs a lift to get back to making big money, maybe they could let him blooter the piss and shit out of Conor McGregor. Sure he would go up to WW under some totally misguided beliefs of being big enough. 

I'm always so happy for Rose when she wins. I'm glad she (sort of) apologised for her stupid "better dead than red" comment before the fight too. She's just great. Not sure what Weili was complaining about, she was out. 

I heard Weidman's was bad before the fight and didn't bother watching it, I just have no interest in watching someone's leg snap. Got to agree that will likely be the end of the line for him. 

Jorge was never beating Usman, I just wish they'd traded blows for a few more rounds as it was a great fight. 

Guy in work showed me the video of the boys leg snapping yesterday. He was saying it was his own mistake as he’s landed bone on bone instead of landing on the muscle. I don’t know the first thing about leg kicks, but is that not a risky game you are playing if the outcome can end so horrifically. 

It was hard to watch after the leg snapped and he went back to put his weight on it. Will he be able to recover from that in order to fight in the UFC again? 

Guy in work showed me the video of the boys leg snapping yesterday. He was saying it was his own mistake as he’s landed bone on bone instead of landing on the muscle. I don’t know the first thing about leg kicks, but is that not a risky game you are playing if the outcome can end so horrifically. 

It was hard to watch after the leg snapped and he went back to put his weight on it. Will he be able to recover from that in order to fight in the UFC again? 
Its not the first of those types in the UFC. Didnt Silva do it similarly, or someone fighting against Silva? I cant watch anyone. Horrific

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don’t know the first thing about leg kicks, but is that not a risky game you are playing if the outcome can end so horrifically. 

You just need to look at fights like Poirier v McGregor II or even Smith v Crute right before Weidman's fight to see how leg kicks can win fights. It's just one of those freak things, it's only the third time it's happened in the UFC's history.

Anderson Silva recovered fine and fought again multiple times, and from the video I saw from Weidman in his hospital bed it seems like he's intent on coming back. 

Time for Cerrone to hang up the gloves? It's hard watching him these days tbh, it doesn't take much to wobble him and he doesn't look like he has much power left in him. Move him into the Hall Of Fame and give him some commentating duties if he wants that, he'd be great on the mic.