MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

9 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
11 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
Someone needs to tell prochazka that it might not be this fight but there is an eventual fate that befalls all c***s that wander about with their hands down and chin up

Tell him its a good idea and he'll probably knock someone out

I thought he was gonna get knocked out as well :lol:

Exciting fight.

I fell asleep and woke up in the 5th round of the FW title fight. Should have just rolled over again. 

Never seen a fight won by outstriking where all the strikes were stamping on the other guy's feet. Stinking main event but not unexpected.

Very pleased the bet came in, but was pretty disappointed for Max. Thought it was a pretty clear 3-2 win for him. Cracking fight though, two very technically gifted guys.

Other two were clear cut. Usman did exactly what we all expected him to do, contain and control, and he’s just so good at it. Not particularly “fan friendly”, but just so strong and talented. Would like to see them go again when Masvidal has had a full camp, but wouldn’t see any other result really.

Reffing in the 5th round of Yan-Aldo was an utter disgrace. Should have been stopped a full two minutes before it was. Aldo took 20-30 clean strikes that he shouldn’t have purely because of refereeing incompetence. Disgraceful.

Dont think that loss damages Masvidal too much. I like how he isn't looking for an immediate rematch - he knows Usman is likely just too powerful and the result wont be any different.

Frees him up for a couple of fun money fights. Stick him in with colby and mcgregor.

Really feel for Max Holloway, he was tremendous in the first two rounds and you could easily make the case for rounds 3 or 4 going to him as well. 

Hard to see what is left for Aldo, does he really want to spend another few years in the sport being a "gatekeeper" for the top 5 of the bantamweight division? Can see him retiring.

Usman is just such a boring and unlikeable guy but he gets the job done. Dana must be sick of title fights in that division, he had Woodley boring the pants off everyone and now he's got Usman doing the same, although his fight with Colby was excellent.

Really feel for Max Holloway, he was tremendous in the first two rounds and you could easily make the case for rounds 3 or 4 going to him as well. 
Hard to see what is left for Aldo, does he really want to spend another few years in the sport being a "gatekeeper" for the top 5 of the bantamweight division? Can see him retiring.
Usman is just such a boring and unlikeable guy but he gets the job done. Dana must be sick of title fights in that division, he had Woodley boring the pants off everyone and now he's got Usman doing the same, although his fight with Colby was excellent.
That's a wee bit harsh on Usman. He does employ a style that's readily assumed to make for boring fights but I enjoyed watching him bodying Woodley and also like you say his fight with Covington was also good. We can forgive him 1 surely. I love a UFC slugfest but the wholesport cant just be toe to toe and see who is the bigger man all the time. Usman is a puzzle, it's like Mayweather, not traditionally exciting but watching to see how people try to unpick the puzzle, and often failing holds huge intrigue*

*admittedly I know I may be in a minority and obviously have watched fights where I have just been bored, but Usman isnt that yet for me.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That's a wee bit harsh on Usman. He does employ a style that's readily assumed to make for boring fights but I enjoyed watching him bodying Woodley and also like you say his fight with Covington was also good. We can forgive him 1 surely. I love a UFC slugfest but the wholesport cant just be toe to toe and see who is the bigger man all the time. Usman is a puzzle, it's like Mayweather, not traditionally exciting but watching to see how people try to unpick the puzzle, and often failing holds huge intrigue*

*admittedly I know I may be in a minority and obviously have watched fights where I have just been bored, but Usman isnt that yet for me.

Maybe is a bit harsh, aye. I fully agree that it can't just be slugfests but I like to see more from wrestlers than simply holding their opponent against the cage. Khabib dominates people, Usman stifles them. I love watching the former and struggle with the latter. Suppose it's just personal preference for me.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Maybe is a bit harsh, aye. I fully agree that it can't just be slugfests but I like to see more from wrestlers than simply holding their opponent against the cage. Khabib dominates people, Usman stifles them. I love watching the former and struggle with the latter. Suppose it's just personal preference for me.

It is easily the least appealing style to watch and I havent seen the fight against Masvidal admittedly, just enjoyed his last two. The older I get the more I like a chess match, but maybe Usmans by the numbers approach could have been upset by a big crowd booing it, or cheering every swing from Masvidal. It's a bit of a shame really. I hope Masvidal gets back in with some more fun fights and gets the momentum for another go as he is a good watch despite me thinking he is a bell end