MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

UFC have themselves a new star though. Masvidal has the top 3 trending videos on YouTube
image.thumb.png.1c0f5830e1215e2a7be64a7f5ee0b9f8.png
I dont think Masvidal will cross over well.

I say that because I lasted 15 or so mins of his episode on JRE and turned it off. A bell end.

Was so close to getting a full house with my predictions. Knew I should have picked Masvidal!

my points to take away from it are:

Nunes looked tremendous and is the best female fighter ever.

Chiesa looks big for 170 let alone 155!

Masvidal is a star, him vs Usman needs to happen.

Jones is becoming bored and needs someone to light a fire under him.

On 07/07/2019 at 07:26, J_Stewart said:

Mind when Dana White thought it was a good idea to trade one of, if not the most talented fighter(s) in the history of the sport for Ben Askren?

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

For Dana White that was absolutely the right decision. For fans who want to see the best, keeping DJ was the best move. Dana doesn't care about who's the best though, he only cares about who sells fights, and DJ couldn't sell shit unless it's on Twitch.

The interest in that Askren/Masvidal fight was greater than the main event, which included arguably the greatest fighter there's ever been.

The video of Aspen Ladd’s weigh-in is fucking horrible, she’s literally shaking. No way should she be cleared to fight

Actively putting fighters well-being at risk.
Do UFC do same day weigh in? MMA fighters seem to go for even more outlandish cuts than boxers. She looks particularly bad though. Cant think of ever seeing anyone so visibly wrecked on the scales. If she is alllwed to fight, a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Poor stoppage in the main event by Herb Dean. Ladd was clearly still all there.

I agree it was very early stoppage however believe the fight would have been over in the first round.

I wonder if her horrible weight cut had anything to do with her ability to take a punch last night? Every time I've watched Ladd she's taken some serious shots and not been shaken.