MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Diego Sanchez just mauled Mickey Gall.

I love seeing a young prospect take the test against an old stager. That was why its important for them to do it, and to respect the value of experience. Sanchez wrecked him

Gall should be cut, that was embarrassing.

Walker with another unreal finish, got a feeling he's going to be shit if someone can take him past a minute!

Hoping for a Garbrandt clinic, similar to what he done to Cruz which I still see as the best 5 round performance I've ever seen, worried about his chin though.
Lawler being massively underrated, I've not seen anyone picking him but hope he can do it, I'd be surprised if Askren can get him down as easy as people seem to think.
Usman is going to finish Woodley.
And Jones will destroy Smith within a few minutes, trip takedown then elbows.

Cody Garbrandt is essentially the MMA Amir Khan. Really talented, unbelievably fast, but cannot help himself getting involved in a fire fight once he gets clipped.

Askren v Lawler was number one bullshit. Could have been stopped within the first minute as Askren looked out, and although you can understand the decision for the stoppage, it was obviously wrong.

Usman was outstanding. Body work was excellent, and Woodley had no answer for his pressure and wrestling. I had it 50-43. Would enjoy seeing Usman literally rip Colby Covington’s head from his shoulders.

He’s a monumental dickhead, as shown by the points deduction with the head kick and knee he threw when Smith was on the deck in the fourth, but Jon Jones is just an incredible fighter. His distance control and variation in striking and grappling are insane. Fair play to Smith for seeing out the fight, but just beaten by a much better fighter. Enjoyable card.

I don't think the Askren fight was bullshit.

He was lucky it wasn't stop but if Lawler wasn't out/going out he should have not dropped his hand, arm and shoulder like that.

22 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I don't think the Askren fight was bullshit.

He was lucky it wasn't stop but if Lawler wasn't out/going out he should have not dropped his hand, arm and shoulder like that.

Correct, & Herb Dean was spot on to protect the fighter. His arm limply hit the canvas, having been behind his head, & there was 1.50 of the round to go.