MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Ouch!
Quite similar to his debut then, no composure.
Seems like a head hunter which is poor as he's clearly got the talent to do well. But you can't do that against a veteran like Corrales, he's been in there with the toughest guys in the division.

Pico is young he'll learn.

Just now, diamond_for_life said:

Have you been watching the full card mate? What a quick KO for Walker and looks a huge character but very lucky after he tried to punt his opponents head off

Yeah watched all of it. It's been a breeze, ESPN pacing is breathing new life into the sport, not left sitting around for long at all. 

Yeah Johnny Walker is a very lucky boy, he almost went full PRIDE on us with that soccer kick. Absolutely no need for it. Charles Oliveira is such a delight. Normally I'm not a fan of fighters bitching to the ref but Charles had every right as David Teymur has form for raking eyes and that first one tonight was bad.

1 minute ago, diamond_for_life said:

Felt Griffin was hard done by with a home town decision going against him but I hated his lack of strikes in the last round

Yeah I had Griffin winning 29-28. I saw Wikipedia briefly had the result as Thiago Alves def. Max Griffin  by Decision (robbery) (29-28, 28-29 , 29-28) which made me chuckle.

6 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Yeah watched all of it. It's been a breeze, ESPN pacing is breathing new life into the sport, not left sitting around for long at all. 

Yeah Johnny Walker is a very lucky boy, he almost went full PRIDE on us with that soccer kick. Absolutely no need for it. Charles Oliveira is such a delight. Normally I'm not a fan of fighters bitching to the ref but Charles had every right as David Teymur has form for raking eyes and that first one tonight was bad.

The first eye poke looked very nasty and deliberate too was happy to see Teymur lose. 

Last fight already much better than it stretched out till after 5am

Edited by diamond_for_life

On 03/02/2019 at 03:14, JamieStevenson said:

One of the only TUF's I watched had Teymur on it and I've never liked the guy, seems like a total p***k.

Enjoyed the card at the weekend, it's so much better having 1am/3am cards as I can go to my bed without completely ruining my Sunday. Aldo was a total beast, if Ortega wants him next then that's a fight I'd love to see.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 03:08, diamond_for_life said:

Have you been watching the full card mate? What a quick KO for Walker and looks a huge character but very lucky after he tried to punt his opponents head off

I didn't really understand that attempted punt.

Jumping the gun a wee bit here as well but I can't wait for #235. It's a good line up.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

The absolute state of instating an interim title in the division during Khabib’s suspension and not having Tony Ferguson fight for it emoji23.png

I know absolutely nothing about MMA, but is their plan here for McGregor to become champion, and that have that Khabibs return fight a Championship match with McGregor?

Sounds like exactly what a promoter would want.