MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Conor is putting Khabib away reasonably easily imo. Insane the lack of respect he still gets regarding his ability.

Ferguson should quite easily beat Pettis, then we have an intriguing match-up with Conor.

Edited by banana

Conor is putting Khabib away reasonably easily imo. Insane the lack of respect he still gets regarding his ability.
Ferguson should quite easily beat Pettis, then we have an intriguing match-up with Conor.

First two minutes are absolutely key. If McGregor finds his range and lands it’s all over, but if Khabib takes him down, it’s also all over, that’s why it’s such an interesting match up, IMO. Both have an unbelievable, untouchable skill that the other likely can’t handle, it’s just whoever gets it first.

A potentially amazing fight, as is the match up with Ferguson with either.

Some division at the top [emoji7]

Khabib takes him down within 10 seconds....maybe 15, really can't see McGregor lasting long, it will be glorious when Khabib is smashing him and talking shit, taking his time, absolutely mauling him. I see coach Kav throwing the towel in.

Justin Gaethje fight night tonight though! Really hope he doesn't get smashed and it's another classic.

I once argued in this thread that Mickey Gall was actually smart because despite being an obvious moron he talked his way into some big fights but I'd just like to take ownership of that statement and apologise for it.

What a spoon.

Was watching some old UFC fights on YouTube there and this video popped up showing some of the knockdowns from the Ultimate Fighter programme. It was something I never watched so hadn’t seen many of the fights, but the first knockdown in this video in a fight between 2 guys Simmler vs Riddle gave me the fear. The way the guy starts groaning after is a horrible thing to watch. 

14 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

co-main event cancelled at UFC 228. Montano rushed to hospital apparently. My bet it was self inflicted injury ! 

I would do the same if I was going to get my head kicked in :lol:

Let's hope this offering is sufficient to appease the MMA gods for a month.

Woodley doesn't seem right. His eyes looked funny at the face off earlier in the week and even at the ceremonial weigh ins there he looked like the lights were bothering his eyes.

I was 100% thinking Woodley was gonna knock him out early but something seemed really off there. I'm maybe reading too much into it though so f**k knows.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The weight cuts are brutal. Woodley tends to look very drained during his. Till didn't exactly look healthy or steady on his feet either.

Weight cutting is shite. Worst part of the sport by far.

Agreed. It's just the weight cuts can often be quite telling when it comes to fight night.

Never seen Woodley like that.

The way I saw it, Till (an actual 185lber) beat a 155lber at the end of his career who went on to lose a comfortable decision to Leon Edwards. Who was also a great style match up for him.

Then he lost 4 rounds to 1 against Wonderboy and was gifted a decision.

Now he's facing Woodley. This is a level above Till imo.

But, Woodley did not look right there. I've went from thinking Tyron was 75% to win this fight to thinking Till might just do it.

30 minutes ago, BradHorse said:

Woodley doesn't seem right. His eyes looked funny at the face off earlier in the week and even at the ceremonial weigh ins there he looked like the lights were bothering his eyes.

I was 100% thinking Woodley was gonna knock him out early but something seemed really off there. I'm maybe reading too much into it though so f**k knows.

I saw an interview from a bit after the weigh-in. Woodley had the shades off and the croaky throat was gone already. 

I agree that Till didn't look quite as rough though.

On 05/09/2018 at 12:19, J_Stewart said:

Fingers crossed Woodley beats the absolute snot out of Till this weekend and that particularly horrible hype train gets derailed.

This. 

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

I saw an interview from a bit after the weigh-in. Woodley had the shades off and the croaky throat was gone already. 

I agree that Till didn't look quite as rough though.

This. 

Interesting. I know it's amazing how they can recover after the weigh ins that's why it was surprising that Woodley still seemed off at the ceremonial weigh ins.

I'm probably just over analysing it but I often think the weigh ins are quite telling.