MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

10 hours ago, Mon The Port said:

Me either, move up to 185 incoming imo.

What was the point in Colby's interim title then?

What's the point in any of the interim titles? It's just something they put on fights to make them a wee bit more glamorous and boost the profile of a fight card, they don't actually mean anything.

On 25/07/2018 at 11:18, The Moonster said:

What's the point in any of the interim titles? It's just something they put on fights to make them a wee bit more glamorous and boost the profile of a fight card, they don't actually mean anything.

Yeah I'm not a fan of interim titles either but saying they're stripping him after 6 weeks is weird.

Hopefully Alvarez vs Poirier is a good fight tonight, prelims start at 11pm.

Thought I was onto a winner with the early card cause I'm knackered but I just saw the main card is on from 1-4?! 3 hours for 4 fights?  Surely even with the padding out they do it'll be a 3am finish eh?

Tonight I have - 

Antigulov

Joanna Contender by decision

Stephens by stoppage 

Alvarez by stoppage.

Pays like 30/1 on 365, which is quite a reasonable price for something that's definitely,  definitely going to happen.

The lad from the current Dagestani/Russian crop that intrigues me the most is Zabit Magumedsharipov (sp?). He's got a totally different style but seems to be equally as fucking effective with it. 

That is the finest body shot I've ever seen.

He's a featherweight. That looked like it hurt more than a left hook from Daniel Cormier.

Perfect technique. And after being rocked as well. So impressed with Aldo there.

And happy for the dude as well. He was always a sound guy and then when the McGregor rivalry came around people started shitting on him. Then to get destroyed by Max twice and do that? 

Great stuff.