MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Sorry, I'm not following. Best I can see for a submission anywhere is 2/9. If it's 5/1 for a submission victory for Rousey then sell your house and all your worldly possesions and bet on that.

Yeah, I can't for the life of me see that any bookie would have them odds. If they do, Marshy has the right idea.

No worries, was buzzing for a minute there :lol:

Just gone done with Bellator from Thursday

f**k me, what a show. Loads of awesome finishes, only the main event went past the second round from the 6 fights they showed on the main broadcast. Shahmahlaev (sp?) is so powerful, I think Curran will beat him once he's gone through Straus but that'll be an awesome fight. If he catches anyone in the division clean they're out. The four semis were all great watches, both finals should be good. Newton-Zayats is a tough one to call, Newton looked really good against Mo but Zayats has looked best over the two fights IMO. Probably have to make Newton favourite since he beat Mo. Lima-Saunders II will be great, both looked streets ahead of their opponents. Lima will win IMO but for however long it lasts it'll be fireworks. Highly recommended show.

Right, thoughts on Bellator 90.

Mikhail Zayats vs. Jacob Noe

Zayats was dominant here right from the word go. It was a cracking counter right hand that got it all going for him, and he just completely dominated Noe here. Noe did have a spirited attempt at getting away but to no avail. Good display from Zayats.

Raul Amaya vs. Ben Saunders

Raul Amaya was asking to get KOed in this one. He was swinging wildly all of the time and telegraphing his shots. Saunders was landing some hard kicks to the body and Amaya wasn't doing anywhere near enough to stop it happening. So it was inevitable that it was a brutal head kick that got the KO. Decent showing from Saunders.

Brian Baker vs. Douglas Lima

Another cracking KO here, this time from a Lima right hand. He was doing damage with those leg kicks, but the right still felt like it was out of nowhere. One of them "OH!" ones. Hell of a punch.

Lionel Lanham vs. Joe Rodriguez

Lionel Lanham gave Rodriguez an absolutely horrendous beating. After that first shot, he was absolutely obliterating the poor guy. I was thinking "just step in ref" a couple of times before he finally ended it. Rodriguez was defending to be fair to him, but it all seemed a bit inevitable.

Emanuel Newton vs. King Mo Lawal

This is the "one we came to see", so to speak. And boy, no disappointment here, is there? Another absolutely sensational KO, this time it's Newton that lands the spinning backfist. King Mo was clearly out as soon as the shot was hit. The crowd goes absolutely MENTAL for that. And rightly. Great great KO.

Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs. Rad Martinez

This is the featherweight tournament final. The first round started well for Shamhalaev as he was finding his range early with the leg kicks and knocked down Martinez with the left hand, but Martinez dominated towards the end of the round with the takedown and then some good short elbows. Shamhalaev was always likely to do the business if the fight stayed on the feet. Martinez did land a couple of warning shots, but Shamhalaev's power was clear and he just looked way more comfortable standing and wound up getting the big KO.

So yeah, if there's anyone who reads this thread who doesn't watch Bellator, get on it.