MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

:huh: Bader-Teixera is a very strange one for me, that's definitely a step down from Rampage for Glover.

Not sure i agee with that...YET. I think it's a bad fight for Bader and Teixeira should beat him and move upwards and onwards, but as it stands it's a fair fight to make and i don't see much difference between them status wise currently.

Teixeira is number 4 in the LHW rankings right now ahead of both Evans and Shogun......baffling.

Yeah that is crazy. Evans, Shogun, Little Nog and Bader should all be arguably above him currently. Hell, i'd even be tempted to put Thiago Silva above him if he wasn't such a fucking idiot.

Like i said previously i do expect him to pick up wins over some of these guys and move up, but you can only rank on what he's done and no way should he be near 4.

I was thinking that the LHW division is VERY good. I got to thinking that "Glover must be good for a top five spot" and then I got to thinking "but over who?" and it dawned on me that it's a cracking division.

Cerrone vs. Noons = godly.

Jon Fitch, Wagner Prado, Mike Russow, Jacob Volkmann, Vladimir Matyushenko, Che Mills, Jay Hieron, Terry Etim, Paul Sass, Jorge Santiago, Mike Stumpf, Simeon Thoresen, C.J. Keith, Motonobu Tezuka, Josh Grispi and Ulysses Gomez. The released fighters from UFC this week.

Volkmann & Fitch stand out from that list as cuts which are difficult to like. I'd be tempted to add Sass to that list. Especially while an absolutely shit fighter like Leonard Garcia remains under contract despite being 0-4 in his last 4. In fact he's not deserved to win any of his last 7 (both Chan Sung Jung & Nam Phan being robbed by the standard terrible judging).

Yeah scratching my head at Fitch too, the likes of WSOF should be throwing money at a guy like him if they want to get serious.

Demian Maia is going to be fighting for titles at this weight soon, so that loss shouldn't have buried him.

And his last fight before that was a FOTN bonus win against Erick Silva. Bizarre.

Thing with Fitch at the moment is, his last 4 fights have all been awesome in their own ways. BJ Penn was a war, Hendricks blasting him was exciting, Fitch-Silva is one of the best fights of the last 12 months, and Fitch-Maia was as good a grappling heavy MMA fight as you'll see in the heavier weightclasses. That's before you even look at his record. It makes no sense at all to me.

Dana has apparently made comments to the effect that Fitch was cut because you don't see a guy taking someone down and holding them there in a bar fight. If true theb that is sone of the most stupid shit ever said.

Absolutely ridiculous if true, I watch it as a sport.

Gray Maynard and TJ Grant is booked for UFC 160 as well. Love that fight, big step up for Grant but he deserves it. I would actually be tempted to throw the winner of this one in with Bendo/Melendez.

Why the f**k would the guy who has spent the last 10 years trying to legitimise the sport now draw an analogy to bar room brawling? I really hope he hasn't said that. I mean how many spinning back fists, front kicks or triangle chokes have you ever seen in a bar fight? The point makes no sense.

If the Fertitta brothers gave Dana White the boot I for one would not be sad. Long past bored of all his silly shenanigans, thing he will only damage MMA & the UFC in the future.

It won't happen though, we'll not be rid of Dana until he decided to go.

Negotiations open for Anderson Silva-Weidman for Independence day weekend card apparently, Weidman had already talked this up, looks like a goer.

Shit like this pisses me off. There was no need to put Bisping in with Vitor. He would have been a credible challenger to Silva before that fight. Now a guy like Wiedman who, with a due respect has only fought 5 times for the UFC, 9 in his entire career, gets the shot ahead of Bisping.