Shuggie_Murray7

MMA Thread

For those thinking of attending Cage Warriors 53 on April 13, a title fight has just been added. Jim Alers vs Joni Salovaara for the featherweight title after Conor McGregor vacated after signing with the UFC.

aye i know, but they are still governing it themselves. they aren't duty bound to them. if ufc wamt the number 4 ranked fighter to go against a divisons champion ahead of the number 1 they will make the fight.

There's something pleasing about someone who won't take a title shot not fighting in a big fight, but still, gutted that fight isn't happening.

There's something pleasing about someone who won't take a title shot not fighting in a big fight, but still, gutted that fight isn't happening.

After "aww f**k" my first thought was "well f**k him, he won't take the GSP fight anyway"

But aye still gutting.

Has Kampmann got anything coming up, wonder if he could go at short notice? Back story to those two as well which always helps.

Saffiedine?

Hmm, potentially. Rather see either of the other three first (Hendricks, Maia, Kampmann) but not out of the question I guess.

Has he ever fought welter? He's a pretty big middleweight as it is.

Gonna call that one a no-goer at this short notice.