MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Bantamweights on the other hand? Well what next? Part of me loves watching Rousey as she has that superhuman aspect, but it's starting to get a bit boring for me. Can't say I enjoy fights where the outcome is not in doubt each time. Even if Cyborg magically made Bantamweight, without being juiced to high heavens, there would still only be one winner.

I'm in agreement with you there man. I mentioned earlier in the thread that Bethe had a puncher's chance but 34 seconds is ridiculous. This Cyborg fight that everyone seems to want isn't really all that appealing either.

There is just no-one on the radar at all. Christ knows what they do with her after Tate again, which is already another foregone conclusion itself.

That's a good point. Rousey herself says she sees these girls as crops (moneatry wise) that she can either harvest once or grow year after year like Tate. And let's not be mistaken here, Meisha Tate is a fucking warrior... I have a lot of respet for her. Rousey is just on a completely different level though. It's like Barcelona playing in the Scottish Premier League... occasionally Celtic or (I wish) Rangers will give them a bit of a game and struggle to a narrow defeat but in general it's just not the same class.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/8/2/9086029/nick-diaz-throws-beer-at-khabib-nurmagomedov-in-wsof-show-brawl

Nick Diaz attempting to bottle Khabib Nurmagomedov at the WSOF show last night after Nurma had earlier scuffled with Nate. Beyond tired of the Diaz antics now, both those guys would be jailbird bums if they weren't fighters, absolute bell-ends.

Edited by Christophe

Actually it's not that outlandish given the Rousey hype. A lot of folk will have been talking about her as a personality rather than discussing the sport on the back of the ESPY . I know that happened to a certain extent with McGregor but more so with Ronda

That's a good point. Rousey herself says she sees these girls as crops (moneatry wise) that she can either harvest once or grow year after year like Tate. And let's not be mistaken here, Meisha Tate is a fucking warrior... I have a lot of respet for her. Rousey is just on a completely different level though. It's like Barcelona playing in the Scottish Premier League... occasionally Celtic or (I wish) Rangers will give them a bit of a game and struggle to a narrow defeat but in general it's just not the same class.

Someone should tell Ronda that harvest occurs every year and that skinning and shearing sheep would be a better metaphor. I volunteer that it isn't me.

Daniel Cormier vs Alexander Gustafsson

Ryan Bader vs Rashad Evans

Johny Hendricks vs Tyron Woodley

All set for UFC 192 on 3rd of October, oh my goodness.

Expect at least one pull out. All decent fights on paper.

Gunnar Nelson looking to fight Damian Maia which is a BJJ wet dream that needs to happen.

Edited by mrcat1990

Just got my BT Sport back in, can anyone tell me if there is currently and UF on tv and if so when so I can set up my recording aswell as the next UFC event

Theres a ufc event nearly every weekend these days. Theres one on Saturday this week, OSP vs Texieria main event.

I usually have a look at sherdog.com to see cards etc

Bt Sport is a bargain if you're a Ufc fan.