MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Very convenient for Jon Jones to be given a 15 month suspension. Meaning he's available to fight from October 28th.... With UFC 230 only days after and desperately needing a main event ;)

Get him in with Brock.

In other news, McGregor was bullshitting about the press conference being public. But it is being televised on a giant screen in Times Square :lol:

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Reckon it'll be Jones vs Gustafsson 2 for the Interim LHW.

Would be a banger, both men have their issues. Reckon Gus would get the raised hand this time, as he should have last time.

McGregor Khabib press conference at 10pm, bois!

Edited by banana

That was surreal.

Can't be coke considering USADA, just half cut and a lot of pent up shit coming out at once. Almost seemed like he wasnt even talking about Khabib, but talking to some fuckers he's been having trouble with in Ireland.

He announced where he's going drinking later, some balls trying this shit on in NYC considering his probation.

Edited by banana

13 minutes ago, banana said:

That was surreal.

Can't be coke considering USADA, just half cut and a lot of pent up shit coming out at once. Almost seemed like he wasnt even talking about Khabib, but talking to some fuckers he's been having trouble with in Ireland.

He announced where he's going drinking later, some balls trying this shit on in NYC considering his probation.

What bit gave you the impression he was talking about boys from Ireland? Didn’t pick up that at all, it was all pretty basic 101 presser goading. The no crowd thing  really lets you see how embarrassing it is. All the little sniggering at Khabib while reporters were talking.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

If anyone honestly thinks Conor McGregor is "funny" ye need put on a register some where.

It was cringe worthy at best.  the way the media lap it up is worrying could you imagine that carry-on at a press conference of any other sport they'd be slaughtered.  Dana gives him free reign but he knows he makes him the money.   Hope Khabib just humiliates him for the full fight but the cocky c*nt does bring it fight night so who knows.

10 hours ago, Christophe said:

What bit gave you the impression he was talking about boys from Ireland? Didn’t pick up that at all, it was all pretty basic 101 presser goading.

Because he was talking past Khabib during some of his rants that seemed to me to have little to do with Khabib. It was like he was unloading other issues onto him.

59 minutes ago, banana said:

Because he was talking past Khabib during some of his rants that seemed to me to have little to do with Khabib. It was like he was unloading other issues onto him.

What specifically? Not being awkward I just 100% didn’t hear anything there that wasn’t just generic “I’ll smash you into the canvas”, mocking accents, whiny giggling and promoting whiskey. No idea what you’re talking about. Help me out. 

Edited by Christophe

10 minutes ago, Christophe said:

What specifically? Not being awkward I just 100% didn’t hear anything there that wasn’t just generic “I’ll smash you into the canvas”, mocking accents, whiny giggling and promoting whiskey. No idea what you’re talking about. Help me out. 

The overall feel, everything beyond his usual theatrics, this was next level. It was like the drunk in the street ranting at a stranger - the stranger isn't the actual source nor target of the rant.

1 minute ago, banana said:

The overall feel, everything beyond his usual theatrics, this was next level. It was like the drunk in the street ranting at a stranger - the stranger isn't the actual source nor target of the rant.

You’re talking in circles. How was the “general feel” that he was addressing some goons in Ireland? Really not getting this!