MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

McGregor vs Faber isn't happening, it's the first thing White said when he made the TUF announcement. Also the McGregor vs Aldo fight is in Vegas, there'll be a stadium show down the line but they can draw plenty enough money in Vegas with this fight.

And all because of that one little incident with McGregor/Faber in that video, The argument of where the McGregor/Aldo fight will take place might be amazing, I'd imagine whatever stadiums Brazil has or Croke Park.

McGregor/Aldo is taking place in Vegas, White's already confirmed. If McGregor wins then he gets to defend in Ireland, Croke Park being slated.

McGregor/Aldo is taking place in Vegas, White's already confirmed. If McGregor wins then he gets to defend in Ireland, Croke Park being slated.

Didn't realise that, shall be fun.

Domdom 0 :(

Aldo will pull out again. Like he usually does for title fights in the US.

Surely if that happens, McGregor gets the belt fully.

Anyone see the Sunday night show?

The TUF finale was a bit if a mess, why have the final fight in episode twelve be to settle it, then announce another fight on the finale for the trophy? Why not just say "ok, it's finished 400-300 but the fight on the finale is worth 200 points"...as it was both sides could claim victory, pretty daft. ETA - Also they actually forgot to present the trophy, it was just sat at cageside, bizarre.

Stephen Thomson looked the real deal against Ellenberger, will be real interesting to see who they give him next...Stun Gun would be a fucking superb fight

Edited by Christophe

The WW division is looking great at the moment, Thompson looked unreal. Gunnar Nelson, Masvidal and Brown all won well aswell over the 2 events. I was impressed with Larkin recently aswell.

So many good fights in that division to make.

White is going to see McGregor as a massive payday, franchise boosting fighter, the kind he hasn't had since the halcyon days of Liddell and Couture. Maybe the guy to save the whole deal which has gone pretty stale over the past five years. I doubt he is that myself.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's been that long. Not all that long ago they still had GSP, Sonnen and a very active Anderson Silva on the payroll. The past year or two they have been looking for a replacement and they have more than got it in McGregor. Tbh I've never seen a fighter cause such a crossover before and bring in alot of new fans. Can't be a bad thing.

Brock Lesnar was a huge box office draw for the UFC.

In fact, not sure what the number was at the weekend, but Lesnar headlined the top two selling cards ever before the weekend.

Edited by J_Stewart