MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

You got the cold? :P

Call it a lack of sleep :ph34r:

But Lombard really doesn't like Bisping for some reason. I'm sure I've heard Bisping also say that if Lombard wants it and the time scale is right then he's more than happy to do it.

EDIT:

Here's the interview I listened to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jiRl-hkztI

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Call it a lack of sleep :ph34r:

But Lombard really doesn't like Bisping for some reason. I'm sure I've heard Bisping also say that if Lombard wants it and the time scale is right then he's more than happy to do it.

Bisping was very critical of the standard of opposition Lombard faced before the UFC, he said it was a disgrace if Lombard got a title shot off the back of knocking out part timers like "John the baker from round the corner" IIRC. He also called him a midget.

Looking forward to the entire main card on saturday.

Barao-McDonald could be epic, really hope if this one is a stoppage it at least goes 20mins+ as this is a real exciting technical fight potentially.

Going to take Barao by submission in the last round.

Taking Swanson by KO in the co-main, Poirier is pretty much level with him in my mind though so this fight is gonna be fireworks. Swanson can pick an opening better for me though so i'm going for him. Another go at Lamas for Swanson if he wins here? Would be a decent eliminator for the Aldo-Pettis winner.

Decent stoppage win for Manuwa in the last UK Fuel card and can see him stopping Diabate tomorrow again.

Nelson was impressive on the same UK Fuel card last time round, think he pretty comprehensively outpoints Santiago tomorrow but don't see a stoppage here. Nelson unanimous decision.

Te Huna-Jimmo is hard to call but will be full-blooded and fun.

Hard to argue with your assessement of tomorrow's card Christophe, should be an enjoyable one. Sass-Castillo on the prelims could be a sleeper as well, BJJ vs wrestling.

To add to the good MW discussion on here today, Jacare-Phillipou is in the works for the Brazil card with Belfort-Rockhold. Great fight. Jacare is the fighter coming over from Strikeforce I'm most excited about, love the guy. I think he'll submit Phillipou here. I actually think if there's anyone in the division who can beat Anderson it's Jacare. His striking is improving and he unquestionably has the best ground game in the division, possibly in all of MMA. A couple of wins and hopefully he's in a title match.

Hard to argue with your assessement of tomorrow's card Christophe, should be an enjoyable one. Sass-Castillo on the prelims could be a sleeper as well, BJJ vs wrestling.

To add to the good MW discussion on here today, Jacare-Phillipou is in the works for the Brazil card with Belfort-Rockhold. Great fight. Jacare is the fighter coming over from Strikeforce I'm most excited about, love the guy. I think he'll submit Phillipou here. I actually think if there's anyone in the division who can beat Anderson it's Jacare. His striking is improving and he unquestionably has the best ground game in the division, possibly in all of MMA. A couple of wins and hopefully he's in a title match.

Victory over Phillipou then a top-5 opponent and it'd be hard to argue against a title shot for Souza. Yeah, looking forward to that fight if it comes about.

That card is building nicely for an FX show.

Just done with last nights action, only seen the main card plus the Kong fight after seeing it took fight and knockout of the night. Those who paid to see it certainly got their moneys worth. Only three stoppages all night and one of those was in the 4th round of the main event, so plenty rounds for your pounds there.

Te Huna-Jimmo was everything i expected it to be, Jimmo was really close to finishing it early, Te Huna was pretty banged up from that head kick. Surprised to see Te Huna try and take it to the mat so often but it worked for him, so fair play. Mousasi would've been a good match next for Te Huna if he wasn't tied up. Hope Jimmo doesn't fall back too far though, he can still do damage in this division.

Barao-McDonald was great, Barao looked very impressive after a sticky start. McDonald is going to hold this belt sometime down the line though. Looking forward to see him develop further. Hopefully we get Cruz-Barao sooner rather than later, you've got to think they'll have to get it done over the summer as it's 2 years since Cruz last fought come October.

Cub Swanson is ready for a go at the featherweight title soon, i'd love to see Swanson-Lamas now for the next shot at Aldo/Pettis.

Edited by Christophe

I wouldn't pay to much heed to those rankings. It's a concession to mainstream sports shows like SportsCenter etc. which are all about stats, brackets and rankings more than anything else. UFC will move guys about above and beyond that where they see fit.

Edited by Christophe