MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Just noticed the Extreme channel (527 Virgin) are showing an old WEC (43 Cerrone v Henderson).

Lord knows how long they have been showing these as the show is just called 'wrestling' on the planner amusingly. Just happened to be flicking through.

Just a wee heads up

Just noticed the Extreme channel (527 Virgin) are showing an old WEC (43 Cerrone v Henderson).

Lord knows how long they have been showing these as the show is just called 'wrestling' on the planner amusingly. Just happened to be flicking through.

Just a wee heads up

They show WEC fairly regularly!!!

Cracking night of fights last Saturday, really enjoyed it. I realise I'm a bit late so I'll just say the flyweight fight was good, Rampage is finished, Glover will be top 5 but won't win the belt, Pettis has the best chance in the division of beating Bendo, and Grant and Lamas are awesome.

Bellator tonight, the biggest name in the tournament (Patricky Pitbull) has had to drop out with an injury, which is a shame as he's fucking awesome to watch. Woodard-Rickels looks the pick of the fights, although 3 of the fights look fantastic, with Michel against one of the Russian guys Bellator seem to be getting more and more of, and Brooks-Tirloni, who interestingly didn't weigh in at the same time as everyone else, shady goings on there IMO. I think this will be a very exciting card which is well worth a look, but it'll be interesting to see the numbers for this with no title fight and no King Mo to draw for them.

Has any card looked as good as this Saturdays? It is fucking stacked!!! The entire main card looks amazing and the FX Prelims look decent too. Buzzing already.

Rumours have been flying about since the fight that Belfort was on something. He did looking fucking shredded.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Just a wee heads up

WEC 44 Aldo vs Brown on Extreme Sports at 10pm tonight.

Thought the main event had the right outcome. I had it 48-47 Aldo, but rounds three and five could have gone either way. It was a good fight regardless.

The co-main was horrific. The heavyweight tussle was a LOT of fun. Maia's performance was great to watch and could say the same for Benavidez, but McCall's tenacious attitude kept things ticking along.

If you haven't seen it spoiler alert.

I thought the McCall - Benavidez fight was decent enough, some good stand up action with Benavidez sharper and a few decent scrambles on the deck with McCall maybe doing better there. Maia v Fitch was interesting, Maia is a beast on the ground and to control Fitch for so long during the fight shows his grappling credentials. It maybe wasn't the most fan friendly fight but I found it worth watching.

I was absolutely delighted with Silva beating Overeem, who seems a right dick. I was surprised that it happened though, I thought the commentators had it right, Overeem obviously thought he had the edge in power over Bigfoot and didn't defend properly, it was a brutal KO.

Little Nog v Evans was a poor fight, both didn't commit to attacking and looked limited. The decision could've gone either way but I thought it was correct, Evans just didn't look to engage him on the ground and wasn't busy enough standing up, Nog didn't really do that much but shaded it.

Aldo-Edgar was a good fight I thought. Edgar looked out of the running in the first two rounds, Aldo is just so quick with his strikes and seems almost impossible to get to at point. However, Edgar's conditioning shone through and he started to trouble the champion with strikes. Aldo always had the edge for me, he is just so skillful that you know he can pull something out of the bag to change the fight at any time (like a leaping superman punch off the cage at the end). It'd be interesting to see how he dealt with someone who could take him down but with a TD defense as good as his, who could do it?

So happy Maia won. Hopefully he would be able to do that to GSP if he gets the chance!

Loved the fact that Overeem got knocked out. Everyone I know jizzes over him so its great what happened.

Evans and Lil Nog fight was pretty crap for both guys.