MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

I understand folk not liking Paddy but he’s not half as annoying as that Leavitt c**t. I think a lot of people under estimate how good his ground game his because they don’t like him. He’s certainly not top 5 material but he’s nowhere near as bad as folk make out.

Looking forward to this Aspinall and Blaydes scrap, a really interesting match up. Aspinall looks the part so far but this wont be an easy fight at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watching this card tonight? That last fight with Landwehr and Onama was brilliant. Maybe in my top 10 fights I’ve seen, which is pretty high praise considering how many excellent UFC fights I’ve seen. It was one of those fights where both men were a skiff on the jaw away from being knocked out cold, but both still managed to be standing after 15 minutes swinging for their lives. Going to rewatch it after this Cruz Vera fight as I missed the first couple of minutes. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Edwards times a peach of head kick with a minute to go in the 5th round to leave Usman unconscious, when he was well behind on all the cards. 

Usman not to be seen again until next series of Stranger Things, when he might return from the upside down. 

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Edwards/McGregor @Wembley for his first defence? #MoneyTalks #redpantynight

Edwards will face Usman again when they're both fit, no way McGregor is coming back to a title fight at that weight. McGregor would get absolutely smoked by Edwards or Usman at that weight and he knows it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Whole thing is 100% a work, IMO.

Chimaev Diaz was a total mismatch at this stage with very little interest. How do you then build interest for your PPV? Create a fake backstage fight (which doesn’t appear to have any footage even with the entire media there) between two fighters that have nothing to do with each other to “build beef”, have one of them miss weight spectacularly (first time in his career where up to this point he’s been utterly professional with weight cuts) which coincidentally leaves him right on the weight limit for the guy he’s had his “altercation” with. Voila, you can have them fight whilst rejigging the card to have a “dream” fight with two over the hill lunatics with great name value and who will beat the blood and snot out of each other. Problem solved.

Is it total WWE? Yes
Will I still be 100% watching it? Also yes.

Well that was fun. Tony Ferguson doesn't have a huge amount left of what made him a force a few years ago though. He still gave Nate a sore time of it with those leg kicks but Nate had the tank, the size, the effectiveness in the exchanges.... Tony constantly turning his back was infuriating. He couldn't stand in the fire though.

Nate Diaz fights will never not be fun though. Match him like that and hel deliver. Tony needs to give it up though. He needed to give it up a while back probably.

• 2 months later...