MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

2 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That was some KO! #SPARKED

Fair play to him for not landing another punch when he realised his opponent was out cold, definitely had the chance to land another before the referee got between them. Happens too often in UFC for me, guys landing a heavy blow on an opponent who is very obviously unconscious and on their way to the floor.  

Agreed,  

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Fair play to him for not landing another punch when he realised his opponent was out cold, definitely had the chance to land another before the referee got between them. Happens too often in UFC for me, guys landing a heavy blow on an opponent who is very obviously unconscious and on their way to the floor.  

Agreed, UFC refs are far too slow,  better to be the guy who controversially calls it slightly to early than the guy struggling to sleep when something catastrophic happens, 

Submission win for Paddy against a pretty weak opponent tbf. The guy almost fell into that hold. Needs to work on his defence massively, but should be pretty entertaining watching him take on higher quality fighters. If he keeps walking about the octagon with his chin wide open like he has done in his last two fights, I think the ‘scousers don’t get knocked out’ comment will come back to bite him. 

2 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

Well my pound on dan hooker was wasted money.

Hooker has just done my bet as well. Have never even heard of Allen before tonight but Hooker got absolutely battered there, he will have a sore face tomorrow. 

28 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Hooker has just done my bet as well. Have never even heard of Allen before tonight but Hooker got absolutely battered there, he will have a sore face tomorrow. 

Allen doesn't get any attention because he's not a mouthy wee scouser c**t but he's levels above either Pimblett or McCann, he could go on to be a champion very soon and beating Hooker proves he's top level. Pimbletts bubble will burst soon, he's too reckless and doesn't take hits well, probably why he called out Mark Zuckerberg rather than any of the decent names in the division. Allen was respectful and made a good shout in calling for Kattar, he wins that and he's in for a title shot. McCann should be nowhere near a main card and it's a travesty Paul Craig was bumped to the prelims. 

Really enjoyed the card. Good knock outs, top level submissions and it's all done for 11pm.

34 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Allen hasn’t lost a fight for 8 years, unlike Hooker who takes a pounding nearly everytime he steps into the octogon these days. Hooker needs to accept he can’t come close to competing with the best guys in his divisions.

Big Aspinall is the real deal. A great performance to top off what was a very enjoyable card.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pimbletts bubble will burst soon, he's too reckless and doesn't take hits well

He’s definitely reckless and his chin is wide open constantly but to be fair to him he can take a crack. Some of the hits he’s taken in both his fights would’ve wiped most guys out cold, especially the first fight.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Allen doesn't get any attention because he's not a mouthy wee scouser c**t but he's levels above either Pimblett or McCann, he could go on to be a champion very soon and beating Hooker proves he's top level.

To be fair that’s more to do with my lack of knowledge on the UFC, I don’t keep up to date outside the bigger events tbh. Allen looked punch perfect there though. I know Hooker has had his day now but he didn’t miss him. Who do you think will be next for Allen? 

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Allen hasn’t lost a fight for 8 years, unlike Hooker who takes a pounding nearly everytime he steps into the octogon these days. Hooker needs to accept he can’t come close to competing with the best guys in his divisions.

Big Aspinall is the real deal. A great performance to top off what was a very enjoyable card.

Embarrassed to say I hadn’t heard of Aspinall before tonight either, but that was one of the most one sided main events I’ve tuned into for a while. Was Volkov a live opponent there? If Aspinall didn’t win that by submission then he would have won it standing up, he looked in complete control. 

Also, I wish I’d asked on here before I stuck Hooker on my bet. Absolute mug punter but I only chose him as he was a name I knew and was slight favourite. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Embarrassed to say I hadn’t heard of Aspinall before tonight either, but that was one of the most one sided main events I’ve tuned into for a while. Was Volkov a live opponent there? If Aspinall didn’t win that by submission then he would have won it standing up, he looked in complete control. 

Also, I wish I’d asked on here before I stuck Hooker on my bet. Absolute mug punter but I only chose him as he was a name I knew and was slight favourite. 
One of them fights when aspinall is a man on the rise and volkov is on the down. Wouldn't be surprised to see bookies having volkov favourite but this was always one for Aspinal to lose

What a night. The best fight night I can remember. So many big viral moments.

Big Aspinall is the real deal. No one dominates Volkov like that. So fast and excellent grappling. The call out of tuivasa was brilliant as well. A big name with a good ranking who’s not actually that good. 

Statement performance for Allen which I didn’t see coming. Him vs Kattar would be brilliant. Paddy and Molly aren’t particularly good but can’t deny the entertainment value. Paddy going to avoid topuira like the plague.

Mental Craig is one away from a title shot . How many times can he keep pulling guard  and getting away with it. Can see someone in top 5 will ko him badly soon. 

Paul Craig's legs are lethal. How a guy a that big that snap a triangle on so quickly I don't know but what a skill.

Pimblett will get a shoeing from any of the top 10 at lightweight, that is a heavily stacked division.

On 19/03/2022 at 23:10, IrishBhoy said:

To be fair that’s more to do with my lack of knowledge on the UFC, I don’t keep up to date outside the bigger events tbh. Allen looked punch perfect there though. I know Hooker has had his day now but he didn’t miss him. Who do you think will be next for Allen? 

Always try and catch the weigh ins if you can. Hooker looked a mess.