MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Chandler just got his arse handed to him. Tagged with a short sharp left. Good fight, whilst it lasted. Olivera, fought well under pressure & quickly closed the fight out, when having the upper hand.

Chandler just got his arse handed to him. Tagged with a short sharp left. Good fight, whilst it lasted. Olivera, fought well under pressure & quickly closed the fight out, when having the upper hand.

Its just a beautiful left hook. Like he was in the gym throwing it at a bag.

23 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I find something deeply unlikeable about Chandler so was glad he lost.

Sad to see Tony like that. Has always been my favourite fighter but he needs to walk away now. 3 loses in a row and dominated in each one.

The madman will probably continue though.

Same, I don't mind fighters having arrogance but Chandler is worse than Usman to listen to. Delighted to see him sparked. 

I don't think Tony will ever stop fighting. Sad to watch though as you say, he's lost some speed and whilst he still has some good scrambling skills, grapplers are finding it easier to pin him down and keep him there. Nowhere near as dangerous off his back as he used to be too. 

Also, can someone clarify WTF that Burgos knock out was all about? Genuinely looks like Edson pulled a Jedi mind trick. 

Edson Barboza KO Shane Burgos GIFS | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing  Discussion

Same, I don't mind fighters having arrogance but Chandler is worse than Usman to listen to. Delighted to see him sparked. 
I don't think Tony will ever stop fighting. Sad to watch though as you say, he's lost some speed and whilst he still has some good scrambling skills, grapplers are finding it easier to pin him down and keep him there. Nowhere near as dangerous off his back as he used to be too. 
Also, can someone clarify WTF that Burgos knock out was all about? Genuinely looks like Edson pulled a Jedi mind trick. 
AdeptKaleidoscopicBassethound-size_restricted.gif&key=02d54d2aa6fd8a863e0fa3433566a6342625edc332f80ac1ae7ad538aa184ca5
That gif is so quick but it looks like the right hand catches him high up on the side of the head/temple. A balance scrambler

Just now, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
AdeptKaleidoscopicBassethound-size_restricted.gif&key=02d54d2aa6fd8a863e0fa3433566a6342625edc332f80ac1ae7ad538aa184ca5

That gif is so quick but it looks like the right hand catches him high up on the side of the head/temple. A balance scrambler

Yeah, he catches him clean on the temple but he seems to continue bouncing fine on his feet for about 3 or 4 seconds before he falls backwards, when he's lying down he's actually knocked out too - after the fight you could see Burgos asking what happened. Really strange. Was a fucking great fight, Barboza looks really sharp and potentially getting back to his best. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, he catches him clean on the temple but he seems to continue bouncing fine on his feet for about 3 or 4 seconds before he falls backwards, when he's lying down he's actually knocked out too - after the fight you could see Burgos asking what happened. Really strange. Was a fucking great fight, Barboza looks really sharp and potentially getting back to his best. 

It's like he was out cold when the punch landed and he stayed up purely on muscle memory before his body starting switching off, terrifying to see tbh I thought he'd died or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Leon Edwards was pretty lucky. Cruising to a unanimous points win against Nate & got buzzed, with a big left, with just a minute left in the fight. Any other fighter would have jumped on him, but Diaz let him off the hook by pointing at him.

Flyweight title changes hands, as Moreno chokes out Figuredo & becomes UFC champ.

Adesanya takes a unanimous decision, but could have lost 1/2 rounds through takedowns IMO. However, his opponent just didn't have the size to keep him there, like Blachowiz did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My bet is on porier 3rd round, and porier by sub.

Wouldn't be surprised I'd mcgregor gets zn early KO but Porier has s history of winning hard long fights and macgrgor had a history of wilting in the tough ones and tapping.
I realise that's hardly what you'd call an original take but........