MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Good performance from Whittaker, thought his jab was excellent, and was wild that that head kick in the 3rd didn’t finish it.

Buzzing for this, imagine it’ll be the biggest test of each man’s career. Should be tremendous. Fight of the year potential.

Couldn’t believe he got back up and got on the offensive after that. Fair play.

Khabib is the most dominant mixed martial artists of all time. Just a machine. His stand up is very, very good, his chin is made of iron, his pressure is inhuman, his wrestling and grappling is the best in history. He’s unbelievable. Will dominate the lightweight division for as long as he wants to.

I don't know what to feel. He's undoubtedly the best ever and you wanted to see him do for as long as he could. Sad that his career ends like that IMO, he looks in peak condition. Clear how much his fathers death has affected him though. 

Yeah, it’s a crying shame, but then, unless he moved up a division, what’s really left for him? He’s absolutely decimated lightweight, Gaethje was on paper the most difficult challenge for him stylistically and he just mauled him. Maybe for the best he goes out at the absolute top rather than hanging on for too long.

In saying all that, would have been really interested to see how he got on at welter, with his technique and freak strength I wouldn’t have put it passed him clearing it out either.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Yeah, it’s a crying shame, but then, unless he moved up a division, what’s really left for him? He’s absolutely decimated lightweight, Gaethje was on paper the most difficult challenge for him stylistically and he just mauled him. Maybe for the best he goes out at the absolute top rather than hanging on for too long.

In saying all that, would have been really interested to see how he got on at welter, with his technique and freak strength I wouldn’t have put it passed him clearing it out either.

Yeah, I'd like to have seen him move up, he struggled with a few weight cuts for lightweight so would be fine moving up. It'd have been great to watch him clear them out as well.

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Top fighter, retired on his own terms, but had all the charisma of a dead fish. Which, in American Combat Sports, is where the money's at.

He just took home $5 million and has retired at the age of 32. I'd pass on being charismatic for that.

He just took home $5 million and has retired at the age of 32. I'd pass on being charismatic for that.

It doesn’t even make sense either because Khabib has plenty of charisma and is wildly entertaining. This is the guy that would have conversations with his promoter at ringside whilst still inside the cage beating f**k out of his opponent. *punch* *punch* “you have to give me shot Dana”, *elbow* *punch* *punch* “you know I deserve title fight” *elbow* *punch* *elbow* “we talk after fight” *applies rear naked choke, victim sleeps*.

Watch literally any video with Khabib and DC and tell me that man isn’t charismatic.

It doesn’t even make sense either because Khabib has plenty of charisma and is wildly entertaining. This is the guy that would have conversations with his promoter at ringside whilst still inside the cage beating f**k out of his opponent. *punch* *punch* “you have to give me shot Dana”, *elbow* *punch* *punch* “you know I deserve title fight” *elbow* *punch* *elbow* “we talk after fight” *applies rear naked choke, victim sleeps*.

Watch literally any video with Khabib and DC and tell me that man isn’t charismatic.

It’s also extremely good in a sport as filled with chud supporters as the UFC to have the top guy repeatedly praising Allah and being an all round nice guy as he chokes out everyone who chooses to fight him

Adesanya moving up to light-heavyweight for his next fight. Can see this working out well for the UFC. Adesanya as light-heavyweight champion, Jon Jones as heavyweight champion, sets up that super-fight quite nicely and the fighters have already laid the ground work for it. I honestly think Adesanya is the only one who has the skills to beat Jones, and I think Jones knows that too.

Also a rather hilarious video on Jon Jones twitter of him chasing a burglar, who was robbing stuff from his cars, off his property with a shotgun.

• 3 weeks later...