MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Take aways i got: cowboy can feel hard done by. Greg hardys celing is very limited. Gaethjes technical abilities are undetrated and nick peet is a scouse c**t with no worthwhile insight whom has spmehow been given a job regurgitating MMA phrases hes heard 10years ago on the TV now.

Fell asleep just before Cejudo - Cruz. Some laugh [emoji58]. Thought Werdum and Cowboy won. Ngannou must be the most terrifying windmill in history.

I like Nick Peet but completely agree with you, knows very little about MMA [emoji23]should stick to boxing.

Assuming the testing has been ramped down during the pandemic, and therefore can only imagine what’s currently swimming in Overeem’s blood stream right now.

Fair play to him for making it out of the first round mind.

Both Ngannou and Jon Jones saying the UFC doesn't want to make that superfight, or at least that they don't want to pay them the money they want for it. UFC trying to pay fighters less due to no gate money, fighters arguing they never made any money off the gate anyway, so why can't they pay?

Usually refer to the chael sonnen POV when fighters start bleating about money. Nobody got a contract saying this is shit. Compete or dont. One of the appeals of MMA over other combat sports is that it is genuine competition. Jones is playing the cling again.

FWIW I think Jones dismantels ngannou uncerimounasly.

On 23/05/2020 at 02:49, the tungston weasel said:

Usually refer to the chael sonnen POV when fighters start bleating about money. Nobody got a contract saying this is shit. Compete or dont. One of the appeals of MMA over other combat sports is that it is genuine competition. Jones is playing the cling again.

FWIW I think Jones dismantels ngannou uncerimounasly.

Meh, these guys are potentially taking years off their life when they step in the cage and the UFC are pretty bad at paying their fighters what they're owed when compared with other sports (based on the percentage of income the UFC pays it's fighters). It's something Andrew Yang (Democrat candidate) actually campaigned for (and just the other day he called Dana White a bully). I've no real problem with them holding out for more money.

As for the fight itself, I think Jones wins too but it's still interesting. Kind of like Fury vs Wilder where one guy is technically better but the other could take your head off at any time.

18 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Cejudo's retirement is legit. 

I'm still not so sure. He's still only 33 and I think in a years time he'll fancy some of it again.

On 31/05/2020 at 01:41, IrishBhoy said:

Anyone watching the UFC tonight? I see Tyron Woodley is the main event, I’ve heard the name before but can’t recall seeing him fight. The warm up fights up to this point have been pretty tame. 

I watched, aye. Woodley was comfortably beaten. He's such a weird fighter, he has the size, power and ability to trouble anyone but is just so hesitant in the cage. Burns was constantly aggressive, I think Woodley needs to learn some of that rather than his patient waiting for a clear opening before unleashing power.

I thought it was a decent card of fights all in. Highlight of madness being Spike Carlyle deciding to call time on round 2 about 10 seconds before the bell:

UFC Vegas GIFS | Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion

I don't know why, but I've got a lot of time for that sort of madness.

Looking forward to this Saturday, some beauties on there.

I watched, aye. Woodley was comfortably beaten. He's such a weird fighter, he has the size, power and ability to trouble anyone but is just so hesitant in the cage. Burns was constantly aggressive, I think Woodley needs to learn some of that rather than his patient waiting for a clear opening before unleashing power.
I thought it was a decent card of fights all in. Highlight of madness being Spike Carlyle deciding to call time on round 2 about 10 seconds before the bell:
UnawareInfiniteIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif&key=4ef9d546fb5c862c15d4195437c3346938b77f169008ad48d5b4c57c95c7c00a
I don't know why, but I've got a lot of time for that sort of madness.
Looking forward to this Saturday, some beauties on there.
Did the judges class that as a KD & give the round to his opponent in doing so?
As I thought the unanimous decision was poor, & that he had done enough through the 3 rounds to take it.

14 hours ago, kiddy said:

Did the judges class that as a KD & give the round to his opponent in doing so?
As I thought the unanimous decision was poor, & that he had done enough through the 3 rounds to take it.

Yeah, that's a knock down. I said to my pal that it probably cost him the fight. I thought he'd edged the fight too but it was a really stupid thing to do.

22 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I thought it was wrong that they made a 14 year old fight a fully grown man.

Hooper gained a fair bit of hype with his first few wins but his lack of experience showed through. I don't think the UFC will be so quick to throw him in there again, he has great potential for a 20 year old and I think they'll try and nurse him along now that he knows what's needed to get near the top guys. His stand up was fairly shite though.

Sean O'Malley is the real fucking deal though, if he isn't a champion in the future something will have gone seriously wrong.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Hooper gained a fair bit of hype with his first few wins but his lack of experience showed through. I don't think the UFC will be so quick to throw him in there again, he has great potential for a 20 year old and I think they'll try and nurse him along now that he knows what's needed to get near the top guys. His stand up was fairly shite though.

Sean O'Malley is the real fucking deal though, if he isn't a champion in the future something will have gone seriously wrong.

Aye, the young lad could benefit from a year or so in amateur boxing/kickboxing.

I do like the Askren Jr. shtick, it's got Masvidal biting.