MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

It's totally mad how Dana White talks about this virus like it's a terrorist attack. All this "we can't let it win, we need to show the world we can continue, show must go on" type chat is fucking wild. This isn't a case of standing up to the virus and it'll get scared and go away.

McGregor's mask also slipping over the last week. Posts a twitter message that he sent to an Irish politician last week asking for huge support for health services and getting the Army on the streets to keep folk inside/man the airports (good guy act), this week he's calling Khabib a chicken for flying home to Russia during the same global pandemic that he worries is ravaging Ireland (who he really is).

Dana going mental, thinking he's booking a mid-90's Street Fighter computer game and hiring his own private island to hold it is the sort of fever dream shit this lockdown badly needs. Madness.

Ferguson v Gaethje will be a bloodbath. I have a bad feeling we're never getting Khabib v Tony though.

On 03/04/2020 at 10:19, The Moonster said:

It's totally mad how Dana White talks about this virus like it's a terrorist attack. All this "we can't let it win, we need to show the world we can continue, show must go on" type chat is fucking wild. This isn't a case of standing up to the virus and it'll get scared and go away.

McGregor's mask also slipping over the last week. Posts a twitter message that he sent to an Irish politician last week asking for huge support for health services and getting the Army on the streets to keep folk inside/man the airports (good guy act), this week he's calling Khabib a chicken for flying home to Russia during the same global pandemic that he worries is ravaging Ireland (who he really is).

I've lost a lot of respect for White with the way he's dealt with this whole thing actually. I could see that he's always had the ability to come across as a bit of dick on occasion but I never knew he could sound quite as thick as he has done when he's talked about the current crisis. 

Aldo out of the fight with Henry Cejudo at 250, getting replaced by Dom Cruz. That's an upgrade, IMO, or at the very least a lot more intriguing fight.

Very interested to see how Cruz looks having not fought in 3 and a half years. 

21 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

UFC 249 cancelled, no surprise there. All events postponed going forward.

White being told by his bosses to wrap it. Looks a tit imo. Disappointed because it would have been great entertainment but it never really sat well with me that these fights were going ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
Do you get the events live on UFC Fight Pass or do you have to have BT Sports?
I usually go to my pal's who has BT but obviously can't do that this weekend.
Thanks in advance.
You'll get the prelims on fight pass and main card BT sport 2 in the UK.

2 hours ago, Aladdin said:
22 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:
Do you get the events live on UFC Fight Pass or do you have to have BT Sports?
I usually go to my pal's who has BT but obviously can't do that this weekend.
Thanks in advance.

You'll get the prelims on fight pass and main card BT sport 2 in the UK.

I won't bother then.

Cheers.