MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

Should have went to bed after the last fight , barely anything traded between the 2 of them. Disappointed is an understatement as that had the potential for fireworks.

Not even kidding, Romero might just have won that.

5 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Based on what? It was fucking awful and it was won on leg kicks by Adesanya

5 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

How?

He's lucky he wasn't deducted for timidity.

It was a ludicrous display from a challenger. The goading/frustration tactics only works on utter brain donors like Cody Garbrant.

How?
He's lucky he wasn't deducted for timidity.
It was a ludicrous display from a challenger. The goading/frustration tactics only works on utter brain donors like Cody Garbrant.
They'd have had to deduct both for timidity, nullifying the act.
That the ref asked them to give the judges something to score spoke volumes.

I thought Romero absolutely embarrassed himself tbh. I understood his first round antics, you could see Adesanya wasn't expecting it and was unsure how to start attacking, but when he came out for round 2 he'd figured out that just punting Romero's leg would be enough for him to cause damage and stay out of the way of Romero's explosiveness. But, Romero just kept doing nothing, other than pretending he was trying to fight until round 5 where he probably just edged the round. His post fight interview was toe curling, he literally threw about 20 strikes the whole fight and he's complaining that the champion didn't stand in front of him and let him punch his lights out? Pathetic.

He's fought for the MW belt 3 times now and fucked it every time, once through missing weight. He's had his chances now and if Dana's post fight comments are anything to go by I doubt we'll see Romero in a title fight again.

Romero doubling down on the embarrassment in the aftermath. He's posted a video of him running the next day as if to say the leg kicks he quite clearly took weren't sore or something, not sure how this is relevant. He's also tweeting that he won rounds 1, 2 and 5, which is a bit of a riddy. I'd definitely give him round 5, but I think giving him anything else is easily argued against. 

Romero doubling down on the embarrassment in the aftermath. He's posted a video of him running the next day as if to say the leg kicks he quite clearly took weren't sore or something, not sure how this is relevant. He's also tweeting that he won rounds 1, 2 and 5, which is a bit of a riddy. I'd definitely give him round 5, but I think giving him anything else is easily argued against. 
It was a shitfest &, whilst embarrassing, his argument could hold up. It was close, as both fighters stank.

Just now, Londonwell said:

Looking likely I would say. Honest to god this fight will never happen. 

It's just not meant to be for some reason. They should just make it a quarantined street fight, just Tony, Khabib and Mark Goddard present, all streamed on fight pass for us yokels.

Leon Edwards cut from the card now as it's being shifted to f**k Knows Where, USA this weekend. An absolute shambles, Dana White looking like a complete fud, which I know isn't much new, but he's basically doing the Trump "deny this is at all serious and carry on" act. They've appealed to basically any fighter available who lives in the US or has a US visa, the card this weekend will be a total laugh if it goes ahead IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Jones arrested for DWI yet again, along with shooting off a firearm (which he tried to hide under the drivers seat) in the middle of the night.

A complete and utter fanny. I have no doubt he’d be the undisputed heavyweight champ (with his size and talent he’d have breezed it) and the biggest star in the history of the sport if he wasn’t such a self-destructive, rip-roaring c**t.