MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

f**k BT. Robbing c***s.

I'll be on here asking for a decent link.

A few of my mates are watching it together and just splitting the cost between us, absolute nightmare putting it on Box office.

Thought Santos deserved at least a draw. Excellent performance and he is destined for success. 

Jones performance could suggest that we are maybe seeing the beginning of the end for him. That was probably his worst performance to date. A rematch would be good but White pretty much ruled it out. 

Nunes is incredible. 

Glad to see Rockhold get chinned, that guy is a w****r. 

Askren going for a double-leg so quickly from that distance was careless. Despite the fight only being 5 seconds officially, Askren gave Masvidal the time needed to counter and blend his face with his knee. Hard to see where Askren goes from here. 

1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm quite taken aback by that Jon Jones performance. It was all on who you gave the 2nd round to. I had it 48-47 Jones but would also have agreed with 48-47 Santos.

Likewise. Dana White’s comments after about “anyone scoring it for Santos should never score again” are bemusing - not for the first time. 

That Masvidal knockout is up there as one of my favourite moments in UFC.

From a business stand point it absolutely was a good trade and if Ben decides to keep going then that'll continue to be the case. People want to watch his fights whereas not a lot care to see Flyweights. 

Do people want to watch his fights? He’s not exactly a household name outside MMA circles, and the same people tuning in to see him fight would 100% tune in to see DJ fight, because DJ is an all time great.

Askren has now been gifted a sub victory (which he refused to rematch) and been on the receiving end of the fastest knock out in UFC history. He has zero stand up and telegraphs the life out of his takedowns. At this stage his UFC career is en route to being marginally more successful than CM Punks.

Do people want to watch his fights? He’s not exactly a household name outside MMA circles, and the same people tuning in to see him fight would 100% tune in to see DJ fight, because DJ is an all time great.

Askren has now been gifted a sub victory (which he refused to rematch) and been on the receiving end of the fastest knock out in UFC history. He has zero stand up and telegraphs the life out of his takedowns. At this stage his UFC career is en route to being marginally more successful than CM Punks.

There is a lot of superficial fans of the UFC. Trading Johnson for Askren is a fine example of that. Askren talks a good game and courts controversy. He is money.

Eta, of course he wont be money for long if he performs like that again