MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

5 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

My word Cowboy barely looks like he broke a sweat, that was a stunning beating. Cowboy vs Gaethje is surely the next step.

If the fight had lasted another 30 seconds I reckon I would have got my bet up. Always amazes me watching these UFC fighters with the punishment they take and their ability to stay on their feet and throw back. Obviously fitness plays a big part but the heart of some of them to stay in there is unreal. 

On 04/05/2019 at 23:26, JamieStevenson said:

Fabian Edwards (Leon's wee bro) doing a madness.

That might be the worst defence I've ever seen, what is he doing? :lol: He takes two warning shots to the face and just stands there waiting for another one!

On 05/05/2019 at 00:21, IrishBhoy said:

Any tips for the card tonight? Staying up for Canelo Jacobs so will watch this in between. 

Sorry for the aftertiming but just caught up with this thread! 

185D96D0-E501-4A81-89B0-D09299CDA30E.png

I watch every fight on every card and literally have zero clue what UFC 234 even was Haha. Just never as keen for the Brazillian cards for some reason.

In other news, I just realised MVP is fighting tonight!! I knew Chandler Pitbull was the main event but had never seen anything else mentioned apart from Jake Hager? Wwe guy?! Sky sports 2am some fight that actually, surely Lima will want to stand, hopefully anyway.

18 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

I watch every fight on every card and literally have zero clue what UFC 234 even was Haha. Just never as keen for the Brazillian cards for some reason.

In other news, I just realised MVP is fighting tonight!! I knew Chandler Pitbull was the main event but had never seen anything else mentioned apart from Jake Hager? Wwe guy?! Sky sports 2am some fight that actually, surely Lima will want to stand, hopefully anyway.

This is the ceiling for MVP. Lima will do whatever he wants to him I'm sure. Tough call between Chandler/Pitbull & Volkanovski/Aldo for the top fight tonight. Really hoping I can catch those both live.

AJ McKee's got his toughest test so far up against veteran Pat Curran, should be interesting.

Also I wish someone would just put BJ Penn out of his misery. But I'm not convinced Guida is the guy to do it. He seems to really like him and might just try to hold him down for 3 rounds. I hope he just goes out there and makes a statement like when he starched Lauzon.

This is the ceiling for MVP. Lima will do whatever he wants to him I'm sure. Tough call between Chandler/Pitbull & Volkanovski/Aldo for the top fight tonight. Really hoping I can catch those both live.
AJ McKee's got his toughest test so far up against veteran Pat Curran, should be interesting.
Also I wish someone would just put BJ Penn out of his misery. But I'm not convinced Guida is the guy to do it. He seems to really like him and might just try to hold him down for 3 rounds. I hope he just goes out there and makes a statement like when he starched Lauzon.
I like BJ, still the greatest LW of all time imo even though hes making that seem ridiculous the longer he drags his career out. Guida 'might' just be the perfect opponent, no power and terrible standup. He'll be desperate for the takedown early as always and will probably have BJ gassed out pretty quickly though.

I'm not so sure about Lima MVP either, not looked at the odds but if Lima doesn't look for takedowns I'd give MVP a good chance, especially with it being 3 rounds.

9 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

I'm not so sure about Lima MVP either, not looked at the odds but if Lima doesn't look for takedowns I'd give MVP a good chance, especially with it being 3 rounds.

Thought every fight in this WWGP is 5 rounds? Think all of the first round fights were.

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:
1 hour ago, JamieStevenson said:
Thought every fight in this WWGP is 5 rounds? Think all of the first round fights were.

I have no idea, assumed with it not being main event it was 3.

Just checked, all fights in this WWGP are 5 round fights.